case settled....still bill?

  • K T
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2009
      Hi. I'm 100 pages into a job and the reporter says to stop because they settled and send her what I've done so far. In 7 years, I've never had this happen...I know...lucky. But when she wants the job, I assume I bill. But when this happends and they don't want the scoped job back, do you still bill?

      Thanks!

      KT
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2009
        I would still bill for it.  I've had that happen before.  Not too often, but it has happened to me.  I've still billed them for the work I did.

        Have a good evening......
        Alicia

        In a message dated 5/28/2009 11:18:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scopingforyou@... writes:

        Hi. I'm 100 pages into a job and the reporter says to stop because they settled and send her what I've done so far. In 7 years, I've never had this happen...I know...lucky. But when she wants the job, I assume I bill. But when this happends and they don't want the scoped job back, do you still bill?

        Thanks!

        KT

      • vanessa
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28, 2009

          Yes, you just bill what you scoped.  It’s not your fault you were advised at that point.  The reporter will also bill some portion too, I believe.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2009
            Thanks, guys. I appreciate the help.

            KT