RE: [ScopingBuddies] Manila envelope

  • Linda Gauthier
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2009
      Billie,

      Definitely.

      :)

      Main Entry:ma£nila
      Variant:also  ma£nil£la  \m*-*ni-l*\
      Function:adjective
      Date:1820

      1 capitalized   : made from Manila hemp
      2 : made of manila paper
        –manila noun
      -----Original Message-----
      From: ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of mommessy
      Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:35 AM
      To: ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ScopingBuddies] Manila envelope

      Hi everyone,

      When referring to a manila envelope, is manila capped?

      Thanks!

      Billie =-)

    • Crystal
      Message 2 of 4 , May 27, 2009
        --- In ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com, "mommessy" <billiemeseke@...> wrote:

        No.

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > When referring to a manila envelope, is manila capped?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Billie =-)

      • Crystal
        Message 3 of 4 , May 27, 2009
          Linda,

          I never do. The dictionary supports uncapped, so in general terms, such as referring to an envelope, I don't cap it. But of course when speaking of Manila in the Philippines, it should be capped.

          Crystal