Fw: The Toy, i.e., Random House Talking Dictionary

  • Pattie Walker
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3 10:30 AM

      Hi, Everybody,

      I just wanted to let you know that Worldstart is having a sale on "The Toy" today only, and the price is $5.97.  Their ad is below.  This is a "must have," in my personal opinion, for every scopist.  I've got one and I'm hooked.

      Sincerely,

      Pattie Walker

      "The BEST "Talking Dictionary" Ever!

      "I Use This Program All The Time!

      "It's Absolutely Awesome!

      "Today Just $5.97!! Really!!

      "Check out the fantastic Random House Webster's Dictionary!

      "This program is really a must have - especially since most word processors still only have a spell check and no dictionary. This software has over 315,000 definitions (the largest number I've seen), 2,400 maps and illustrations, and over 120,000 professionally pronounced words!

      "What's with the word pronunciation? Just click the little "speaker" in the definition and you'll
      hear the word in your computer speakers. You don't even need to have the CD in the drive to use this feature (some other dictionaries require this).

      "If you've ever had a word come up and just weren't sure how to pronounce it (I think we've all been there), this dictionary can take that little mystery out of your life! I love it!

      "What if you don't know the spelling? Don't sweat it. You can search on words in the definition! For example, let's say you need to look up affenpinscher but aren't sure on the spelling (understandable). Since you know it's a dog (well, you do now :-), you can search for definitions with the word dog in them! Cool huh? Works great too - WAY better than any spellchecker, that's for sure.

      "Frankly, I didn't think they could put that much into a dictionary program. I have been using this on an almost daily basis since I installed last year and I'm continuously impressed by it. I can't recommend this highly enough. When I get a new computer, this is one of the first programs to get installed.

      "The price? That's the best part - today it's just $5.97! (retail $29.95) Shipping is FREE if you live in the US! If you do ANY kind of writing - letters, e-mails, books, - whatever - you need this!

      "http://store.worldstart.com/ product.php?productid=359

      "PS - Looks like this is the last of them! This is such a great program, but it looks like our supplier isn't carrying them anymore! So, make sure you RUN to the site and grab the last of 'em!

      "This price will increase to $8.97 on Monday!"

    • Linda Gauthier
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3 6:12 PM
        Thank you, Pattie.

        I have "The Toy" and rarely use it; rather, I rely on Merriam-Webster's 11th Collegiate Dictionary and the unabridged version.  I've managed to link the two versions together and find that it saves time.

        Again, many thanks,

        Linda