Possible Deadbeat

  • Pat Porter
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
      I don't know if it's okay to name names here, so I won't. But there's a post on the General Forum at Scopists.com about a possible deadbeat reporter from San Diego with the initials L.C. Software wasn't mentioned. But if you're interested, hop on over to Scopists.com.

      Pat
    • Pat Porter
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
        Correction: Initials are J.C.

        Pat

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
          Thanks for the info, Pat!  I don't care about naming names here, but I know some are uncomfortable with it.  Sometimes I will say "John J. in California on Case Catalyst.  Contact me directly for futher info."  Or I suppose you could put J. Jones if everyone's comfortable with that.

          Anyway, thanks again for the information.  I am one that definitely appreciates it, and I don't always get over to the other sites as often as I'd like!

          Alicia
          Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal

          ScopingBuddies Yahoo group - Moderator
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScopingBuddies/
        • Pat Porter
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
            You're welcome.  I do most of my Web surfing when I'm working on boring depos...like the one I'm working on today!!!!  Yesterday's was wonderful.  This one ain't.  :)

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
              I'm working on a boring one too!  Except I keep taking breaks to go outside and garden.  :)  Hey, whatever it takes to get through it, right??!!

              Alicia
              Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal

              ScopingBuddies Yahoo group - Moderator
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScopingBuddies/
            • Karen A. Jones
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
                Pat and Alicia,

                I don't have the time now, but maybe someone should e-mail that scopist and tell her about BeST's SSG. She's likely to get more replies on that site than scopists.com.

                Karen

                > You're welcome. I do most of my Web surfing when I'm working on boring
                > depos...like the one I'm working on today!!!! Yesterday's was wonderful.
                > This one ain't. :)
                >
                > Pat

              • Pat Porter
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
                  Good idea.  I'll do it now.

                  Pat

                  I don't have the time now, but maybe someone should e-mail that scopist and tell her about BeST's SSG. She's likely to get more replies on that site than scopists.com.

                  Karen

                  > You're welcome. I do most of my Web surfing when I'm working on boring
                  > depos...like the one I'm working on today!!!! Yesterday's was wonderful.
                  > This one ain't. :)
                  >
                  > Pat

                • Pat Porter
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
                    Oh, I just realized, Karen, that I read your message wrong.  Maybe I should print out and read other people's messages before I respond to them, rather than just read from the screen.  (Thinking about what's going on over at SSG now.  lol!!)

                    Anyway, I posted something on SSG about it.  We'll see how it goes.

                    I hope it was okay for me to do that, Judy.  (Judy's a member here, right???)

                    Pat
                    I don't have the time now, but maybe someone should e-mail that scopist and tell her about BeST's SSG. She's likely to get more replies on that site than scopists.com.

                    Karen

                    > You're welcome. I do most of my Web surfing when I'm working on boring
                    > depos...like the one I'm working on today!!!! Yesterday's was wonderful.
                    > This one ain't. :)
                    >
                    > Pat

                  • Betsee Thompson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
                      LOL re drama over on SSG.

                      Mine's boring too.  The 800 pages of arbitration were better than this .....

                      Betsee

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
                        Now I need to go see the drama!  LOL  I need to quit procrastinating today.  :)

                        Alicia
                        Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal

                        ScopingBuddies Yahoo group - Moderator
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScopingBuddies/
                      • Judy Rakocinski
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009

                          Sorry gang...I'm so totally buried in transcripts right now that's it's hard to keep up on all the forums.  Yes, it's fine to post it.  We all need to watch out for each other ;)
                          Judy

                          * Hatt Design *