Re: New Member and advertising

  • Gail Abshire
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2007
      Thanks, Alicia!

      I was aware of some of those sites but certainly not all of them. I
      am an associate member of NCRA and am listed on their site, as well
      as Stenograph's site. If you use their software, they'll let you
      place a listing at Stenograph.com. I'm anxious to check out some of
      the other sites you mentioned.

      One of my regular reporters is on maternity leave, another is cutting
      back on the jobs she's taking, and one just changed careers. I was
      working a lot in the Enron case, and now that gravy train has come to
      an end. :) There are three reporters I proofread for, but
      proofreading alone (at least for me) doesn't put food on the table.
      I've landed one new client recently as a result of my ad at NCRA.
      We're to start working together this week.

      Okay. Enough rambling.

      Alicia, buy your cat an office chair!!! ^ ^
      ..
      Gail ~~
    • Ruthsscoping@cs.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2007
        Hey, Alicia! Thanks for all those links. I'm sure there's times when we all have some famine!

        Ruth :-)

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2007
          I hate proofreading for that very reason; it's not lucrative!  I have one client that I do it for still because I've been with her for so long and just love her.  Plus, she would never find anyone to do her work.  If you'd see it, you'd die.  :)  The other gal I proof for is local and only sends stuff to me once in a blue moon, so I can handle that.  The other two clients I have are for scoping.  One sends me things all the time and the other only sends things sporadically.  It works out well for me right now.

          I actually had to cut back about five years ago and dropped my one client.  :(  I ended up writing her in the spring and she took me back after all these years!  I was so excited because I had worked for her for a long time and hated even leaving her back then.  She's the one who sends me work continuously now and has wonderful writing.  God sure did answer my prayers!

          I knew Steongraph used to do that, but when I tried to find it on their site a while back, I couldn't find it.  I just assumed they no longer did that.  Would you mind sending me the link over??  I want to add all of these to the database later.

          Thanks!  Off to eat some lunch.....

          Alicia - Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal

          "I love my son with Autism!"
          Click here: Autism Society of America: Autism Society of America Home Page

          ScopingBuddies Group!

          Click here: ScopingBuddies : Scopist, scoping, scope, proofing

          Gardenweb - I love to garden!
          Click here: GardenWeb - The Internet's Garden Community

          freecycle.org - I enjoy giving to others less fortunate!
          Click here: Freecycle™: Changing the World One Gift at a Time

        • Gail Abshire
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2007
            Alicia, it took me a while to find Stenograph's scopist directory
            also. I think this link should take you there. You may need to copy
            and paste it into your browser.

            http://stenograph.com/pages.aspx?docid=129&id=3920001

            Gail
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 27, 2007
              Okay.  I found it.  It's under Reporter Resources once you get to the home page, then off to the left it says find a scopist or something like that.  I'm actually still in there from placing my ad years ago.  :))

              Thanks, Gail!

              Alicia - Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal

              "I love my son with Autism!"
              Click here: Autism Society of America: Autism Society of America Home Page

              ScopingBuddies Group!

              Click here: ScopingBuddies : Scopist, scoping, scope, proofing

              Gardenweb
              - I love to garden!
              Click here: GardenWeb - The Internet's Garden Community

              freecycle.org
              - I enjoy giving to those in need.
              Click here: Freecycle™: Changing the World One Gift at a Time

            • LetsScope@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 27, 2007
                In a message dated 2/27/2007 11:06:47 A.M. Central Standard Time, afinalword@... writes:
                And for the record, my cat's bed is my lap and keyboard when I'm working.  Drives me nuts!!  :)
                Too bad you can't train him/her to type for you too!  Wish mine would.

                Susie

                P.S.  That's a good list of places, Alicia.