Re: [ScopingBuddies] Proofing with audio rate?

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2009
      Thank you, Faye!  That's what I was thinking.  And I want to say no, except she's a current client and I feel bad saying no.  Ugh.  Not that proofing is my choice of work, but I like working for her, and sometimes it's nice to have the break from scoping.

      Nonetheless, thanks for the reply to my post, Faye.  ;)  Hope all is well on your end.

      Alicia
      Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal

      ScopingBuddies Yahoo group - Moderator
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScopingBuddies/
    • Dena Jo
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2009
        I concur.  My guess is, you're going to be adding a lot of stuff...

        - DJ

        Always remember:  Today's mighty oak is simply
        yesterday's nut that held its ground...

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2009
          Yeah, I ended up quoting her a high rate, like a scoping rate, and she said she would just do it herself, and then I can straight proofread it. So it ought to be super clean by the time I get it after being listened to twice!  :)  I figured I'd need to make about $18 an hour on it, so that's how I quoted the rate.  I didn't really want to do it anyway, so it all worked out.

          Thanks for the reply.  :)