Re: [ScopingBuddies] Proofing with audio rate?

  • Faye Bryant
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13 4:34 PM
      In my humble opinion, proofing with audio IS scoping.

      Faye

      afinalword@... wrote:

      Has anyone proofed with audio?  How much do you charge for that?  I've scoped with audio, but I've never proofed with audio, and my client is asking me to do it for this one job of hers.  I want to make a decent amount off of it without quoting too high.  It's 160-some pages.

      Thanks!!

      .

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 13 5:39 PM
        Thank you, Faye!  That's what I was thinking.  And I want to say no, except she's a current client and I feel bad saying no.  Ugh.  Not that proofing is my choice of work, but I like working for her, and sometimes it's nice to have the break from scoping.

        Nonetheless, thanks for the reply to my post, Faye.  ;)  Hope all is well on your end.

        Alicia
        Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal

        ScopingBuddies Yahoo group - Moderator
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScopingBuddies/
      • Dena Jo
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14 7:54 AM
          I concur.  My guess is, you're going to be adding a lot of stuff...

          - DJ

          Always remember:  Today's mighty oak is simply
          yesterday's nut that held its ground...

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 14 8:10 AM
            Yeah, I ended up quoting her a high rate, like a scoping rate, and she said she would just do it herself, and then I can straight proofread it. So it ought to be super clean by the time I get it after being listened to twice!  :)  I figured I'd need to make about $18 an hour on it, so that's how I quoted the rate.  I didn't really want to do it anyway, so it all worked out.

            Thanks for the reply.  :)