Understanding CAT Program Dictionaries

  • Devon Roberts
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
      Dear Newer Scopists,

      I just wanted to send a little reminder out for those who have not
      visited www.joyfulscoping.com lately regarding the conference calls.

      Through Scoping Made Affordable, two weekly scoping conference calls
      are provided for SMA students and interns that are done through
      Skype. (Most of us use our headsets with microphone to converse with
      but you can listen without a microphone.)

      Tuesday evening's call was over the shortcuts or hyperkeys used in
      CaseCATalyst, DigitalCAT, Eclipse and StenoCAT. These four programs
      are actually compared side by side as we learn step by step some of
      the basic editing functions of the CAT programs.

      The conference calls are recorded so if you can't make it, I will be
      happy to send you the audio version along with the written
      informational guide which goes with the call.

      Tomorrow, Thursday, Feb. 26th at 2 p.m. CST, the discussion will be
      about the CAT dictionaries.
      Anyone is welcome to attend these calls and there is room for about
      12 more participants if you would like to understand how the
      dictionaries work. Gaining a better understanding of the
      dictionaries, which are essentially the spine of the CAT programs,
      will make your work much more efficient, saving you time.

      Here is the link for the conference calls schedule and how to get
      yourself signed up: http://www.joyfulscoping.com/Conferencecalls.html.

      We look forward to having you join us!!

      Sincerely,
      Ms. Devon Roberts