Case CATalyst Scopist Available Work

  • CorinneArroyo
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2008
      Hi! My name is Corinne Arroyo, and I am a Case CAT scopist. I am
      just writing to see if any of you wonderful scopists need any help
      with anything. Following is a little bit about me and my scoping
      career.

      Professional Background: I have been a scopist since June 2005.
      Before I became a scopist, I was a legal secretary and had been since
      May 1991, working for the same law firm in Chicago from July 1993
      through July 2005. I also was a legal/medical transcriptionist
      focusing primarily with workers' compensation cases, typing medical
      abstracts. I am very familiar with medical terminology and legal
      terminology. My typing speed, which is not all that important with
      being a scopist, is 100+ wpm with 99% accuracy. I am a very
      proficient speller with excellent grammar, punctuation, and research
      skills.

      Personal Background: I am 36 years old and have been married since
      1995. We have three boys (ages 9, 5, and 3). I quit working in
      Chicago in July 2005 when I had my third son and we decided it would
      be best for me to stay home, and I've been scoping ever since and
      love it.

      Rates: My current rates, subject to change with sufficient notice,
      are as follows: $1.15 per page with audio (I can read steno, but I
      am not great at it) for normal turnaround time, which is 5-7 days;
      $1.15 + 50% ($1.73) for work due between 2 and 4 days; and $1.15 +
      100% ($2.30) for work due in 36 hours or less. Please note that
      Saturdays and Sundays are considered one day and I do not work on the
      major holidays.

      I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon!

      Corinne Arroyo
      jcarroyo@...