New to the group

  • Cheri Allan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2008
      Hello, everyone.

      I just found out about this group and wanted to introduce myself. I
      see several familiar faces.

      My name is Cheri Allan. I live in Minnesota with my dh, son, and
      daughter. I went through BeST for my training and have been scoping
      for about eight months now. I love it so far! Since I am new, I'm
      looking forward to learning from you experienced scopists.

      I was an insurance agent and lived in Florida in my previous life. LOL

      Cheri
    • Pattie Walker
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2008
        Hi, Cheri,

        Welcome to the group!!!!  This is a great forum to belong to.  If you ever have any questions or if you want to answer a question that someone posts, please feel free.  We're all here to help one another.

        Sincerely,

        Pattie Walker,_._,___
      • Linda Gauthier
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2008
          Cheri,

          Welcome to the group!  Alicia Contic is the main moderator.

          A busy scopist and piano teacher, I help Alicia out whenever I'm able to, and I have some overflow work that I'd love to  pass on to another scopist.

          This job definitely requires a scopist who can read steno fluently because the witness is a mumbler. There are some drops; however, they're not significant. It's not a job that will have a growth rate; however, it isn't the easiest job on the planet.

          This reporter is such a clean writer that she oftentimes sends work sans the audio, which is my preference.

          Last, but not least, this reporter does not write her punctuation and counts on me to ensure that the punctuation is intact. In that regard, I oftentimes delete unnecessary commas, semicolons or periods and add whatever punctuation that is necessary.

          Please let me know if you're interested, and please feel free to contact me personally.

          Scoping with a passion for perfection,

          Linda

          (603) 373-0198

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
            Thanks for the welcome, Linda and Pattie.

            I look forward to getting to know you all. : )