Re: [ScopingBuddies] Re: question about CR's dictionary

  • XoGinaXo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2008
      I do as stated below, but I actually manage her ENTIRE dictionary, meaning I D-define entries, etc.
      I then back it up and she restores and replaces her current one with mine.  I had to do this to get
      rid of a ridiculous amount of untrans by defining phrases that could never be the other word, e.g.,
      the <how was><house> was on Main Street.  I know it would never be "how was" so I would define
      "the house."  I know this sounds crazy, but you could never begin to understand how many conflicts
      this girl had.  To give you an idea, her dictionary started with 23,000 entries and it now has over 71,000
      entries all done by me to get rid of conflicts, untrans mostly.  Less work for me in the long run!!

      One other option I do sometimes with my lazier or less computer savvy
      CRs, I have them back up their dictionaries and send them to me. I
      follow the same procedures listed above, and I also go into their
      dictionary files and correct mistakes, such as you're talking about
      with 'jus' for 'just.' I would go into the Personal Dictionary file
      and modify those entries. (For this I charge extra, as it is extra
      time I spend.) When I'm ready, I back up the Personal Dictionary,
      send it back to the CR, and have them overwrite their old file with
      the new.20 (It's their own dictionary. They haven't lost anything,
      just had corrections done.)

      X♥X♥X♥
      Gina Ü

      www.flickr.com/photos/gina4xoxoxo