Hyphen or what?

  • LetsScope@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2008
      Hi everyone:

      What would y'all do with this: Human Resources related issue?

      Thanks,
      Susie
    • LetsScope@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2008
        Thank you, Pattie. That looks fine too.

        Susie

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2008
          Hi, Susie,

          This is my own personal opinion, but I would handle it like this:

          human resources-related issue

          Hope this helps.

          Sincerely,

          Pattie Walker
        • XoGinaXo
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2008
            human resources is the collective noun for the department, so you would treat it as any other noun.
            Then add the related to it and it is hyphenated like an adjective, thus human resources-related issue.

            X♥X♥X♥
            Gina Ü

            www.flickr.com/photos/gina4xoxoxo