Re: [ScopingBuddies] Reporters who don't follow grammar rules

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2008
      In a message dated 1/31/2008 11:19:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, scopist@... writes:
      Why can't everyone just follow the same rules so that there's no second-guessing?
      Amen!  I have had reporters where they've requested the same of me and it can drive you bonkers.  Like you said, you feel like you're not putting out an accurate product, but you also want to keep the client happy, so you just do it.  It's hard to do it "wrong," though.  LOL  That's the way I always look at it.  It takes me longer to do those jobs because I have to keep telling myself to NOT add in that punctuation.

      Some people have older ways of punctuating or their own personal preferences, and if they've been reporting for many, many years, forget about changing them!  :)  They're too set in their ways.

      Good luck, Sheena!