excellent read!

  • Faye Bryant, Scopist
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008
      Blank

      I don't know how many of you remember Carm telling us about publishing her book. I have a copy and I have to say, it's awesome. In reading one chapter, you go from rolling with laughter to wiping tears, then back to laughter! If you've ever said something about no one understands this field, or watched friends' & family's eyes glaze over when you talk about it, then you need to read this book! What a way to take a break -- grab a cup of coffee or a soda, sit back and relax for a few minutes before returning refreshed to the keys.

      Thanks, Carm for sharing your life and your heart!

      Faye

    • Sheena Stobaugh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008
        How can we order a copy?

        Sheena

      • Faye Bryant, Scopist
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008
          It's on Amazon.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008
              Hey Gina,
                  It's Ramblings... Off the Record by Carmelita Lee

              Faye

              In a message dated 1/18/2008 9:25:25 A.M. Central Standard Time, scopist@comcast. net writes:

              I don't know how many of you remember Carm telling us about publishing her book. I have a copy and I have to say, it's awesome. In reading one chapter, you go from rolling with laughter to wiping tears, then back to laughter! If you've ever said something about no one understands this field, or watched friends' & family's eyes glaze over when you talk about it, then you need to read this book! What a way to take a break -- grab a cup of coffee or a soda, sit back and relax for a few minutes before returning refreshed to the keys.

              Thanks, Carm for sharing your life and your heart!

              Faye

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.

            • LetsScope@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2008
                Hello group,

                I've asked about transcription before, but I have another question about it.  BTW, I did get to do a little for a court reporter firm a while back and liked it.  It was when they were having one of their slow times.

                My question is this:  Have y'all ever done any transcription for attorneys directly?  I'm talking stuff like taped-phone conversations or other stuff they need done.  If so, how did you go about getting the work?  Did you send them a letter saying that you do such and such transcription?  I'm just curious.  I have done taped-phone conversations once for a CR firm, but that has been many years ago.

                Thanks,
                Susie

                P.S.  I loved Gina's photos.  I sure enjoyed her kitties.  I love my kitties!