"strike that" question

  • LetsScope@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
      Hope everyone is doing fine.

      I have a question about strike that.  This is an unusual way this attorney does it this time.  I don't think in all my years of scoping that I've had a question similar to this one.

      Q.  How many other times, and it doesn't have to be final repair attempts, just in all the work you've done for Mercedes, how many times have you been involved where a car had to have a fuel tank repair -- strike that.
      Replaced, approximately?

      See how he meant to say "replaced" instead of "repair"?  Usually when I have a "strike that," then I start a new paragraph for the new question.  What would y'all do in this case?

      Thanks,
      Susie

    • Sally Weeks
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007

        I have gotten the same thing in a couple cases lately.  I would do it:  …how many times have you been involved where a car had to have a fuel tank repair -- strike that -- replaced, approximately?

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
          Thanks a bunch!  Seems there's something new every day.  I've never had anything like that before that I can remember.

          Susie

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
            I would do it like this:

            Q.  How many other times -- and it doesn't have to be final repair attempts, just in all the work you've done for Mercedes -- how many times have you been involved where a car had to have a fuel tank repair -- strike that -- replaced, approximately?

            Or

            Q.  How many other times -- and it doesn't have to be final repair attempts, just in all the work you've done for Mercedes.  How many times have you been involved where a car had to have a fuel tank repair -- strike that -- replaced, approximately?

            Sheena

            Free Christmas Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!
          • Betsee Thompson
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
              Q.  How many other times, and it doesn't have to be final repair attempts, just in all the work you've done for Mercedes, how many times have you been involved where a car had to have a fuel tank repair -- strike that.
              Replaced, approximately?

              See how he meant to say "replaced" instead of "repair"?  Usually when I have a "strike that," then I start a new paragraph for the new question.  What would y'all do in this case?
              I would do it as repair -- strike that -- replaced, approximately?

              Betsee