Case Catalyst AudioSync Q.

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
       My reporter is having trouble associating an audio file with the text file.  Something must have happened during recording and somehow she's got the audio file named FILE006 and then the job name as 122106 and when she goes into the job, it says:
      "There has never been an audio file associated with this transcript. You will not be able to associate one with it now."

      I'm not 100 percent sure what she did to end up with it this way, but I don't know how to help her.  I've tried a few things on my end, but nothing's working.  I told her I would write the groups to see if anyone can help.  :)

      Thanks and Happy New Year!

    • Sara Kern
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006

        So, I have encountered similar issues. After consulting with Stenograph Tech Support, I learned that Stenograph implements this audio file linking, specifically their AudioSync file, to the underlying steno and not to the text itself. So, if somehow that link is broken, you will not be able to ever reassociate that file. I would recommend that she speak to Tech Support at some point; however, I would not hold out much hope for this particular situation.

        Regards,

        Sara L. Kern

        Cornville, AZ

        skern@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
          Hi Sara.  Thanks so much for your help!!  I've forwarded it to her.  I don't know what she'll do.  She's probaby so upset.  I think it's a rush job and now this.  Ugh.

          Thanks again.  :)

          skern@commspeed. net

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
            Alicia,

            She may just have to play the audio file through a software like ExpressScribe.  That's what I would do, especially in the case of an expedite where you have no time to waste,

            Sheena
          • Keith Atchison
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
              which sofware is she using?
              bubba

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
                It's Case 4, but I don't know exactly what version she's on.

                Thanks!
                Alicia

                My Red Hibiscus

                My Needle Cactus

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
                  Yeah, I think she might have to if nothing else works.  Thanks, Sheena!

                  Alicia

                  My Red Hibiscus

                  My Needle Cactus

                • maryscopes@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
                    That looks like a .dss file, not a .wav file.  Does she also record with a digital recorder sometimes?  Try using Switch (NCH free software) to convert the file to .wav.  Otherwise, she should use ExpressScribe to play the audio.  See if the file will open in her media player.  If not, it is probably damaged.
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
                      I told her about the ExpressScribe, but I'm not sure what's going on yet.  I hate to bother her because I know she wants to get moving on the job and get it done, so I'm sure if she has any other questions for me (and the group), she'll write.  I know shell let me know what happened once she finishes the job.  I forwearded her everything that everyone told me, so hopefully something helped.  :)

                      She wanted me to thank everyone for their help and support.  I told her the groups are wonderful in assisting with issues like this.  :)

                      Thanks everyone!