CaseCAT question

  • mustang277
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2007
      Can anyone tell me if there's a shortcut to turning the A. into THE
      WITNESS? Thanks, Sally
    • LetsScope@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 25, 2007
        In a message dated 7/25/2007 5:09:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time, s_weeks@... writes:
        Can anyone tell me if there's a shortcut to turning the A. into THE
        WITNESS? Thanks, Sally
        Well, I'm sure that I have a ton to learn on Case, but I just throw them on the speaker list after the attorneys.  For example, I have 4 attorneys to my job.  I just make THE WITNESS number 5.  It works fine for me.

        Susie

      • Sally Weeks
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 25, 2007

          Okay, is there a shortcut key for No. 5?  I have the speaker list out, but I want to just use a one key stroke to put in the witness.  Or, I guess I want a macro that changes the A. to THE WITNESS.  Do you just use your mouse to click on No. 5 or is there a shortcut key for that?

          Thanks!!!

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 25, 2007
            There's many ways you can do it.  Are you using EZ Keys?  You can map your keyboard so that a certain combination inserts it (make sure you format it with colloquy) or you can use your Speakers List, etc.
            Let me know if you need help doing any of the three.

            Gina

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 25, 2007

              Okay, is there a shortcut key for No. 5?  I have the speaker list out, but I want to just use a one key stroke to put in the witness.  Or, I guess I want a macro that changes the A. to THE WITNESS.  Do you just use your mouse to click on No. 5 or is there a shortcut key for that?

              I'm sorry that I couldn't get back to you quickly.  We have this stupid dial-up, and my husband had to have the computer.  It just is total crap.  But he's checking out the WildBlue, so maybe we can get it out where we live.

              Doing the Speaker List is a movement of more than one key, but once you get used to it, then it goes really fast without thinking about it at all.  Sometimes if I sit and think about it, I simply can't think it because it's one of those things that you get used to doing and is quick.  I used to use EZkeys, but now I basically use that.

              Also, we need to know what version of Case that you have.  I personally can't remember when they started it.

              Susie

            • Keith Atchison
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 25, 2007
                use EZ text to create one.

                > From: "mustang277" <s_weeks@...>
                > Date: 2007/07/25 Wed PM 05:06:10 CDT
                > To: ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [ScopingBuddies] CaseCAT question
                >
                > Can anyone tell me if there's a shortcut to turning the A. into THE
                > WITNESS? Thanks, Sally

              • Sally Weeks
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 25, 2007

                  Thank you all.  I figured out how to make a macro.  Now I hit m in cat4kbd and the speaker box comes up and I just hit the number I want.  Cool!!!!!!

                  Sally

                • LetsScope@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 25, 2007

                    Thank you all.  I figured out how to make a macro.  Now I hit m in cat4kbd and the speaker box comes up and I just hit the number I want.  Cool!!!!!!

                    I don't know how to use that.  Anyone know?

                    Thanks,
                    Susie