Re: [ScopingBuddies] word question

  • LetsScope@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 18, 2007
      What do y'all do with something like this?

      A.  I'm trying to weigh what was more advice *** like...

      On "advice-like," do I hyphenate it or make it one word?

      Thanks everyone,
      Susie

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Sally Weeks
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 18, 2007

        What’s the rest of the sentence?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 18, 2007

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 18, 2007
            The rest of the sentence is:

            A.  I'm trying to weigh what was more advice like.

            Then it starts a new sentence.  She pauses for some time, then says this:

            A.  And in general, the failure -- failure to communicate...

            My husband is working on this one, so he was reading it to me.

            See what's free at AOL.com.
          • Sheena Stobaugh
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 18, 2007
              I generally do all "like" endings as one word, but this one looks kind of funny that way, so I would do "advice-like."  I think it makes for better readability.

              Sheena

            • LetsScope@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 18, 2007
                Thanks a bunch, Sheena.

                Susie

                See what's free at AOL.com.
              • Ruthsscoping@cs.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 18, 2007
                  I agree with Sheena. I would make it advice-like.

                  Ruth

                  LetsScope@... wrote:

                  >What do y'all do with something like this?
                  >
                  >A.  I'm trying to weigh what was more advice *** like...
                  >
                  >On "advice-like," do I hyphenate it or make it one word?
                  >
                  >Thanks everyone,
                  >Susie
                  >

                  >************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com

                • Sally Weeks