Re: [ScopingBuddies] Eclipse 4.1 and Windows 7

  • Pattie Walker
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2011
      Do you have a current support contract with Eclipse?  If so, I think you would be better off upgrading to 4.3 so that there won't be any hiccups like this that you have to contend with.

      If you don't have a current support contract with Eclipse, perhaps you might consider downloading Express Scribe (it's a free download) and loading the audio into Express Scribe.

      In Express Scribe, you can reprogram the hot keys to match the hot keys for the audio in Eclipse, so you'll never really know the difference.

      I hope this little bit of information helps for you.

      Sincerely,

      Pattie Walker
    • Margie Dowler
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2011
        It would be the compression that the reporter selects on her end to record.
        The speez codec is not part of Windows 7 nor is it automatically installed
        by the Eclipse software. You have to download and install it separately.
        Your reporter would have to tell you her settings, or you might be able to
        look under the User Settings, Realtime tab, compression settings to see what
        is used. After you install the speez codec on your computer, you will need
        to go to the Realtime tab and select "speez" under the compression tab.