Eclipse 4.1 and Windows 7

  • horton180
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18 9:54 AM
      I recently bought a new computer running Windows 7. I also recently replaced my broken Eclipse key and had a replacement one sent, which shows it's version 4.1. The last two jobs sent to me, when I try to bring in the audio in the job it tells me "multimedia error 13/1" or sometimes just "wav not found," even though it's showing the wav file as being part of the files downloaded in Eclipse's file manager. I had to turn away work because I couldn't get Eclipse to recognize the wav file. The reporter was told by tech support that I needed 4.3 to run on Windows 7. Not sure if that's the whole problem. Does anyone have any ideas?
    • Pattie Walker
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18 10:10 AM
        Do you have a current support contract with Eclipse?  If so, I think you would be better off upgrading to 4.3 so that there won't be any hiccups like this that you have to contend with.

        If you don't have a current support contract with Eclipse, perhaps you might consider downloading Express Scribe (it's a free download) and loading the audio into Express Scribe.

        In Express Scribe, you can reprogram the hot keys to match the hot keys for the audio in Eclipse, so you'll never really know the difference.

        I hope this little bit of information helps for you.

        Sincerely,

        Pattie Walker
      • Margie Dowler
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18 10:23 AM
          If your reporter recorded using the speez setting, you will need to install
          speez on your computer also. Advantage has the file online or you can just
          do a search and find someplace to get it.
          I have heard some folks talk about they had to plug a mic into their
          computer before the audio would work for them; that seems to vary depending
          on the computer. That is all I can think of at the moment.

          Margie

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18 11:28 AM
            It would be the compression that the reporter selects on her end to record.
            The speez codec is not part of Windows 7 nor is it automatically installed
            by the Eclipse software. You have to download and install it separately.
            Your reporter would have to tell you her settings, or you might be able to
            look under the User Settings, Realtime tab, compression settings to see what
            is used. After you install the speez codec on your computer, you will need
            to go to the Realtime tab and select "speez" under the compression tab.