When people use incorrect grammar...

  • Jenny Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24 1:43 PM
      Are you supposed to mark incorrect grammar w/ [sic]?

      For example: I don't remember nobody saying anything about it being strange.

      Should I mark "nobody" w/ [sic] or just move on?
    • Jeanne Murie
      Message 2 of 2 , May 24 1:50 PM
        For those instance, I do not use the [sic].

        I use it only for examples such as this.

        Q.  What color was your car?

        A.  Blue.

        Q:  OK.  Your car was black [sic] and what year?

        Hope that helps,
        Jeanne

        On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Jenny Lee <emailjennylee@...> wrote:
        Are you supposed to mark incorrect grammar w/ [sic]?

        For example: I don't remember nobody saying anything about it being strange.

        Should I mark "nobody" w/ [sic] or just move on?

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)