Need help with V.10

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010
      I need to know how to add the character mode to my keyboard map.  Anyone know how to do that?  Stenograph helped me years ago to add it to V.5, and I recently upgraded to 10 and it's not in there.  It's after hours, so support wants to charge me, and I hate to wait until tomorrow because it's messing me up in this job not having my character mode in place.

      Thanks!

      Alicia Contic
      Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal
      Case CATalyst4

    • Dena Jo
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010
        The backslash key toggles through default keyboard, character mode, and one other thing.  I'm not in front of CC so I can't tell you what it is.  But hit your \ keyboard and look at the lower right corner of the screen and you'll see it toggling.

        Dena

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010
          Hi Dena Jo.  I know about the toggle key, but it needs to be added under the system files somehow and I don't know how to do it.  The only thing I have is the Cat4kbd and the Default map.  Anyway, that's how I had to do it with V.5 to get it on there, is add it, but I can't remember how to do it with V.10.  And I can't boot up V.5 anymore on my other laptop because my key won't access it.  :)  The rep at Stenograph said he'd walk me through on how to add it, but he'd have to charge me or call back tomorrow.  :)

          Do you remember how you added it???

          Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:42 PM

          I need to know how to add the character mode to my keyboard map.  Anyone know how to do that?  Stenograph helped me years ago to add it to V.5, and I recently upgraded to 10 and it's not in there.  It's after hours, so support wants to charge me, and I hate to wait until tomorrow because it's messing me up in this job not having my character mode in place.

          Thanks!

          Alicia Contic
          Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal
          Case CATalyst4

          ScopingBuddies Yahoo group - Moderator http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ScopingBud dies/

        • Dena Jo
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010

            Interesting.  I've never done a thing with it because I've never used character mode, yet it's there for me.  I'm sure Richard or Cindi or someone will be along soon and have an answer for you.  Sorry I couldn't help!

            Dena

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010
              Thanks, Dena.  Another scopist sent me the char mode folder, so now it's there.  I thought by now Case V.10 would have had it in there already, and I don't know why mine didn't have it in there and everyone else's did.  ??  Figures, though.  I just loaded it the other day.  I did nothing to mine either, so I don't know what's up.  But I have it now, so.......   Whew!!!

              Thanks so much for helping.  :)

              Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 8:12 PM

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010
              • Pattie Walker
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2010

                  Hi, Alicia,

                  In my humble opinion, the only people I know of who could probably answer your question tonight is Richard Wyble or Cyndi over on the SSG.  I don't think Cyndi is available, as she is out of town, I believe, but I know for a fact Richard is on-line tonight.

                  If you can wait until tomorrow to get your question answered by Stenograph, that would be great, but if you're needing an answer right away, head on over to the SSG.

                  Sincerely,

                  Pattie Walker