Intro to ME!

  • mcflii34
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
      Hello to all! My name is Debbie. I have spent the last 5, yes I said 5, years in CR school. I had to withdraw from school for various reasons. I am interested in scoping.

      I would like your opinions on how I should get started. I have the student version of Case Catalyst. I know how to read steno. I can write 140 wpm on my steno machine. I have taken the grammar/punctuation course and I have Morson's. I have taken the transcript preparation course and I still have the books from that course. Obviously I have internet access.

      So, what advice can everyone give me? I am still in contact with my mentor from CR school and I am going to meet with her soon. She has been a CR for over 30 years. Thanks to all.

      Sincerely,

      Debbie
    • Princess
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009

        Hello Debbie. Have you heard of Internet Scoping School? I am currently enrolled. Their website is www.scopeschool.com. The instructors are very pleasant. It is self-paced and you can test out of any of the courses they offer with your background as a CR student. I too was a court reporting student but did not finish. My fingers and brain were not so coordinated! Check out the site and give them a call. They will be very happy to have you.

        Sonya

         You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.....

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
          Got annie Estilauder make up
          Got zoe big polar bear

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
            Hi, Debbie,

            Welcome!  I just reread your post.  You can't scope with your CC student version.  You will have to purchase or upgrade (not sure if you can) to the edit version.  I recommend you talk to Best Scoping Techniques if you need a scoping school.

            Dolly
          • Sheena Stobaugh - Premier Scoping Service
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
              Debbie,

              With five years of court reporting school, I doubt there is a need for a scoping course.  There's nothing contained in a scoping course that you haven't already learned in your CR studies.  It would be a pure waste of money.  I, too, have a CR eduation, and have been scoping for over 13 years now.

              You just need to buy an editing software package and advertise your services.

              Sheena
            • Debbie Hayes
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 6, 2009
                I want to thank everybody for all of your advice!  Thanks again!
                Deb