RE: [ScopingBuddies] Re: Reminder to all!

  • Sally
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 28, 2009

      AMEN!!!

    • Judy Rakocinski
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 28, 2009

        >>Frankly, I'm a little curious to see some of these scoping courses, as it seems they are sorely underpreparing people for this line of work.
        Those who take our course are fully prepared and do have Morson's.  We would surely hope they'd look something up for themselves before asking on a forum.  We've taught them how to fish for life rather than just giving them a fish for a day <wink>.
        Judy

        Stationery ©Stationery Heaven
      • Sheena Stobaugh - Premier Scoping Service
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 28, 2009
          Judy,

          That's good.  I'm glad to hear it.  I'm worried that a lot of people aren't receiving training at all.  You wouldn't believe how many e-mails I get per week asking me if training is necessary.

          Sheena
        • Judy Rakocinski
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 28, 2009
            Oh, I hear ya.  Too many people think this is a job that anyone can just pick up with little or no training at all.  Very scary.
            Judy

          • XoGinaXo
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 28, 2009
              you took the words right out of my mouth!
              and another thing.  i don't know about others, but i have read morson's and gregg's back and forth at LEAST five times!
              i used to read it every night before i went to sleep.  and then after a couple of months, i would go back and read it again
              to refresh myself.

              gina :O)

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 28, 2009
                >>i used to read it every night before i went to sleep.

                Oh, you mean you can't just put it under your pillow and learn by osmosis? ROFLMBO!!!
                Judy

              • Faye Bryant
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 28, 2009
                  When I worked as a support tech for a chain of convenience stores, I learned the benefit of keeping those materials that even though I would "know" I might not know close at hand. My desk is set up with Morson's and other reference material within arm's reach -- I don't really have to even look to grab it!

                  Faye
                  Faye Bryant
                  Author, Blogger, Scopist
                  Townsend, Tennessee
                  www.scopist4hire.com
                  www.fayebryant.com

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 28, 2009
                    i tried that also :O)

                    gina :O)

                    >>i used to read it every night before i went to sleep.

                    Oh, you mean you can't just put it under your pillow and learn by osmosis? ROFLMBO!!!
                    Judy

                  • Cheri Allan
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 29, 2009
                      I am a graduate of BeST.  Their course absolutely does prepare anyone that goes through it.  Morson's is part of the curriculum.  They also send One Word, Two Words after graduation.  Now, what people do with those books is up to them.

                      ~ Cheri ~

                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 29, 2009
                        I used to office with four girls. Multiple times a day one girl in particular would shout out, "How do you spell (any word will do)." All three of us would have to turn off our audio and be disrupted. I just start answering that I could LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY. At first this was annoying. After a while it was just plain rude. I am with you 1000000000000000000000 percent on this! Thanks for saying what so many think but wouldn't say!