Re: Spam

  • Alicia
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
      Due to spam messages making their way on the forum, I'm changing the membership to restricted. People will have to be approved to be a member now. This affects no one that's currently a member, but I'm hoping it will elimiate further spam messages.

      As always, please let me know if there's anything on the board that causes you concern, or if you have any suggestions, feel free to to
      e-mail me! :)

      Have a great evening.

      Alicia - Scoping Buddies Moderator
    • Karen A. Jones
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 16, 2009
        Alicia,

        I have a better idea. Why don't you all come over to the Court Reporters Forum?

        No offense, but this isn't the most active site for scopists and many scopists don't even know about it.

        E-mail me at kjones 1951 @ yahoo. com (no spaces) and I'll give you or anyone else the details.

        Karen

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 17, 2009
          I have the CR forum as a group, as well as others.  I just prefer it here, Karen.  I actually like the small group for posting.  When I want to go to the bigger group to post something, I can.

          Thanks.

          Alicia Contic
          Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal

          ScopingBuddies Yahoo group - Moderator
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScopingBuddies/
        • scopingforyou
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 27, 2009
            There's also scopistssupportgroup on yahoo. Very active. I go between there and here.

            --- In ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com, "Karen A. Jones" <kjones1951@...> wrote:

            > Alicia,
            >
            > I have a better idea. Why don't you all come over to the Court Reporters Forum?
            >
            > No offense, but this isn't the most active site for scopists and many scopists don't even know about it.
            >
            > E-mail me at kjones 1951 @ yahoo. com (no spaces) and I'll give you or anyone else the details.
            >
            > Karen
            >
            > --- In ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <afinalword@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Due to spam messages making their way on the forum, I'm changing the membership to restricted. People will have to be approved to be a member now. This affects no one that's currently a member, but I'm hoping it will elimiate further spam messages.
            > >
            > > As always, please let me know if there's anything on the board that causes you concern, or if you have any suggestions, feel free to to
            > > e-mail me! :)
            > >
            > > Have a great evening.
            > >
            > > Alicia - Scoping Buddies Moderator

          • Sharon Kendall
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 27, 2009
              Thank you for addressing the spam issue.  It's become out of control!