Location in Germany

  • AngieR
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
      Anybody know of a place in Germany that sounds like Hallsill? The
      witness says the following:

      From there we were preparing ourselves to go in-country to Kosovo, but
      we made one stop before we went to Kosovo. We made a pit stop in
      Germany for three weeks of more training in Hallsill.

      It sounds like Hallsill when he says it, but the only place I can find
      is an Army training center in Hohenfels, Germany. I don't speak German,
      so I'm not sure how to pronounce the training center. Is this the right
      place? I've looked in SM and I've Googled it and still am not sure
      where the location he mentions is located.

      Thanks,
      Ang
    • Linda Gauthier
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
        Halle Salle, Ang.

        :)
      • Linda Gauthier
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
          Whoops!  Typo.

          It's Saale.  Halle Saale means "salt river."

          :)
        • AngieR
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
            Linda,

            Thanks. I hadn't heard or come across that one before. I'll take a
            look at it.

            Thanks!
            Ang
          • Keith Atchison
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
              you might call your local recruiter.
              that's what I do when I have something like you have, and I want to make sure.
              If two Army fellas set up a radar dish on the side of a hill anywhere, tecnnically, that is a "base."
              Keith

              > From: AngieR <aryder@...>
              > Date: 2007/03/02 Fri PM 02:38:18 CST
              > To: ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [ScopingBuddies] Location in Germany
              >
              > Anybody know of a place in Germany that sounds like Hallsill? The
              > witness says the following:
              >
              > From there we were preparing ourselves to go in-country to Kosovo, but
              > we made one stop before we went to Kosovo. We made a pit stop in
              > Germany for three weeks of more training in Hallsill.
              >
              > It sounds like Hallsill when he says it, but the only place I can find
              > is an Army training center in Hohenfels, Germany. I don't speak German,
              > so I'm not sure how to pronounce the training center. Is this the right
              > place? I've looked in SM and I've Googled it and still am not sure
              > where the location he mentions is located.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Ang

            • AngieR
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007