Re: [ScopingBuddies] Re: Question

  • maryscopes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
      I know in financial cases from NY they tend to say one five without anything else.  They assume everybody knows they mean million.
    • maryscopes@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
        I wouldn't either.  I would put 3,600 just like you wrote it.
      • gina ツ
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
          welcome :O)

          gina ツ

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 11, 2009
            I think it's assumed when they say one-five that they are saying 1.5 million.  You would never say 1.5 to mean 1.5 thousand.  I think in that case it's assumption in the financial world that they're talking million.

            that being said, I myself would prefer it to be one-five because it is verbatim.  But i don't think 1.5 is wrong either.

            Betsee