Re: [ScopingBuddies] Re: Question

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
        Thanks for your help, Gina.  I'll just have to write her.  I actually left it as one-five, which I originally had.  I changed it to 1.5 after the posts, then I went back to one-five.  Instead of driving myself nuts, I'll just see what she wants.  :)

      • maryscopes@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
          I know in financial cases from NY they tend to say one five without anything else.  They assume everybody knows they mean million.
        • maryscopes@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
            I wouldn't either.  I would put 3,600 just like you wrote it.
          • gina ツ
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
              welcome :O)

              gina ツ

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 11, 2009
                I think it's assumed when they say one-five that they are saying 1.5 million.  You would never say 1.5 to mean 1.5 thousand.  I think in that case it's assumption in the financial world that they're talking million.

                that being said, I myself would prefer it to be one-five because it is verbatim.  But i don't think 1.5 is wrong either.

                Betsee