      From: afinalword@... <afinalword@...>
      Subject: [ScopingBuddies] Job offer (Proofreading)
      To: ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 5, 2011, 9:15 AM

      I would like to know how much does it cost a proofreading service for a thesis of more or less 100,000 words about childhood sociology, studying the relationships between grandchildren and grandparent in different familiar contexts.

      The thesis is still in development process, it's being written originally in Portuguese, and then it will be translated to English by a Brazilian translator who studied in the USA, therefore US English spelling will be used.

      The translation will be ready only in April 2011 (at latest on 30th) and we will have two or three weeks to proofread it. So we will not be in a hurry.
      I'm looking for a proofreader in advance in order to plan with no hurry those 2 or 3 weeks of work.

      It will be composed by approximately 100,000 words. The formatting will be 12 pt - Calibri - 30 lines per page, considering that each page will contain at most 400 words, with 100,000 words we will have 250 pages.

      Looking forward to hear from you!

      If anyone is interested in this, please e-mail me and I will supply you with contact information.
      Thanks.  :)
      Alicia Contic
      Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal
      Active Security Clearance