1244Re: [ScopingBuddies] Re: Worker's comp insurance

  • Margie Dowler
    Nov 2 4:03 PM
      Have never been asked, and it’s a ridiculous request for the reasons as stated, in my opinion.  Employers are required to carry on their employees by law.  I think it’s purely optional if you want it.  I could be wrong, though.
      Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 4:51 PM
      Subject: [ScopingBuddies] Re: Worker's comp insurance

      My one reporter just wrote asking if I carry workers' comp insurance because her agency requires her to have it, and her insurance company wants me to carry it since she subcontracts me.  I've never heard of anything like this.  I'm not getting it, but I was just curious, has anyone been requested to do this by their CRs?
      I'm not up on the compensation laws, but it seems strange since we're not on their premises working, not going on a job site with them, etc.  We work from our personal homes.  Hmmmm......
      I can only imagine what that would cost me per month.  LOL
      Alicia Contic
      Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal
      Active Security Clearance
      Case CATalyst 11