      From: ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com [mailto: ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Alicia
      Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 12:53 PM
      To: ScopingBuddies@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ScopingBuddies] Re: Transcription charge

      Thanks, Donnette. Seems to vary a little with rates. I'm not that familiar with the transcription end of things. Although I do remember a long time ago working on a job a local CR sent my way, and I hated it. I undercharged, and it took FOREVER to do. I even had another scopist helping me out on it. Live and learn. :)

      Thanks again,
      Alicia
      --- In ScopingBuddies@ yahoogroups. com, "None" <donnette@.. .> wrote:

      > My base rates are $225/audio hour or $4.20/page (for court reporters or
      anyone who wants 25 lines/pg, New Courier font). I surcharge for rush (except really good clients). Don't surcharge for bad audio or multiple speakers like I should.

      afinalword@ wrote:

      > > Anyone have a rate they charge for transcription? ?? I've got a
      15-minute
      > > recording and a 40-minute recording?
      > >
      > > Alicia Contic
      > > Legal Scopist, Proofreader, Paralegal