Re: [Sclafani_FamilyConnection] Re: We welcome new member Anthony Sclafani

  • Flavius Logos
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 18, 2011
      Welcome aboard Cuz:

      Here are a few tunes from 'Belmont Avenue' [Little Italy in the Bronx] you might know.
      You may have to type out the youtube address codes though if clicking onto them doesn't
      work.

      www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAPEfdjvTqE&feature=related

      www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNYdcwunG7g

      Cuzzin Mike...

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2011
        Dear Anthony,

        My family come fron Bolognetta too, in fact now we have family there.

        I live in Rosario Argentina and my father Antonino Sclafani was born in Bologentta in 1939 and my grandfather Carmelo Sclafani was born aprox/ 1890.
        Carmelo and his wife Josefa Mozzatti and their children (6) Salavtore, (+)Pietro, (+)Francesco,  Juseppe, (+)Antonino and Victorio arrived to Argentina in 1948.
        We have family in New Jersey, they are brothers that my cousin in Sicily.
        If anyone have any notice about my family please share it whit me.

        Muy apologices about my bad english,

        Un saludo,
        Edgardo.
        54 341 451 4940
        54 341 156 585 080

        Thank you for the warm welcome. My grandparents are from Bolognetta, Sicily. Their names were Francesco and Guisepina Sclafani and the came the US in 1912. They settled in the "Little Italy" section of the Bronx, which is where I was born. Francesco was born in 1887. His father was Salvatore Sclafani. I don't know when he was born but I assume it was the 1850's. That is as far back as I can go. IN addition, my grandmother's maiden name was Benanti.

        Best,

        Anthony

        --- In Sclafani_FamilyConnection@yahoogroups.com, "Huntress Di" <huntressdi57@...> wrote:

        > Dear "Cousins" & extended family,
        >
        > We welcome Anthony Sclafani, to the Sclafani Family Connection.
        > Hi Anthony, thank you for joining us, and welcome aboard. When you have the opportunity please tell us where are you from, and anything you may know as far back as possible regarding your family line, spouses, date & place of births, parents, associated family names etc. We love meeting new family, and if you would like to share family photos with the group, you can do so by creating an album and uploading photos. Since we have other members by the name of Anthony, please use a middle inital if you can. Thank you.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Diana Sclafani, founder
        > ~Sclafani Family Connection~

      • Joe Guirreri
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2012
          Edgardo
          My Guirreri and Curreri ancestors are related to the Scakafani families of Sciacca. I also have Liotta and Perrone ancestors there. My Grandfather Giuseppe Guirreri married Anna Ippolito, both born in Partanna, Trapani Province. Anna's Ippolito ancestors originated in Gibellina, Trapani Prov. Her uncle immigrated to Argentina. I am wondering if you have known any Ippolito or Guirreri families in Argentina.
          It is good to meet you
          Joe Guirreri