RE: [SciFiNoir Lit] Re: What DVD's are you watching?

  • Del'Quincia Sunkins
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
      Invictus
      The Blindside
      Last House on the Left
      Missing

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Kelwyn <ravenadal@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, 05 January, 2010 16:33
      To: SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SciFiNoir Lit] Re: What DVD's are you watching?

      The Fall (the visual imagery is stunning)

      Inglourious Basterds (I want more Aldo Rain, more Basterds and less Natzis!)

      Foxy Brown (got it for $4 at Blockbuster - wait til she takes off her blouse - JESUS, she can act!)

      American Violet (must see DVD)

      District 9 (it was a gift - I am not a fan)

      The Hangover (had to see what all the fuss was about)

      Precious (must see DVD)

      ~rave!

      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@...> wrote:

      > Watchmen Director's Cut
      > Straight From the Projects
      > How We Did It
      > Ken Burns' The Civil War

    • maidmarian_thepoet
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2010
        Just finished Caprica.
        The original "Life on Mars" and "Defiance" are next.

        --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@...> wrote:

        > Watchmen Director's Cut
        > Straight From the Projects
        > How We Did It
        > Ken Burns' The Civil War

      • Uncle Ruckus
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 29, 2010
          (On the 21st I was on my way into a fried chicken joint and this brother stops me and asks do I want to buy some DVDs.

          I looked through his inventory (for research purposes of course) and spied one labled "Smokin Aces 2". I was curious, I didn't even know the movie was out.

          Some research revealed that it had only been released 2 days before.

          If the pirates are as on top of this as this reveals I got to figure there is some inside collusion going on here)
        • Tim
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 29, 2010
            Unc:

            You are right, of course. I know people who download crystal-clear copies pf movies off the net. None of that I-can-see-someone's-head-blocking-the-screen, fuzzy as heck, brand C bootlegs. It reminds me of back in the day before Prince officially released his Black album. Years before that, people were getting copies of the cassette--and this was before downloading became a big thing. (Circa 1987).

            There's always someone on the inside who feels they aren't making enough dough and who would steal an original and sell it to anxious video pirates.

            Tim
            ------

            Visit me at: www.stellyhumantrial.com orhttp://www.myspace.com/pittwit

            Human Trial is still available from amazon.com and allthingsthatmatterpress.com. Paperback $18.99, e-book (kindle) format, $10.99.

            Read the Brian Barbeito review of HUMAN TRIAL at: http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/09apr/article008.html. Read more online reviews at amazon.com and http://www.bookfinder4u.com/customer_reviews.bfu?isbn=0982272200

            "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol." -- Steve MartinCOMING SOON: HUMAN TRIAL II: ADAM'S WAR