Re: What DVD's are you watching?

  • B Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
      The Hangover (Funny but not as funny as advertised)

      Cloverfield (Finally broke down and bought it)

      The Forbidden Kingdom (Much better than I expected)

      Not Quite Hollywood(A documentary on Australian explotation films and B-movies)

      Point Blank (Finally got around to watching it to see how it compared to Payback and the novel)

      If QT is to be believed he plans on doing a Basterds-centric Inglorious Basterds prequel. We need more Hugo Stiglitz!

      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Kelwyn" <ravenadal@...> wrote:

      > The Fall (the visual imagery is stunning)
      >
      > Inglourious Basterds (I want more Aldo Rain, more Basterds and less Natzis!)
      >
      > Foxy Brown (got it for $4 at Blockbuster - wait til she takes off her blouse - JESUS, she can act!)
      >
      > American Violet (must see DVD)
      >
      > District 9 (it was a gift - I am not a fan)
      >
      > The Hangover (had to see what all the fuss was about)
      >
      > Precious (must see DVD)
      >
      > ~rave!
      >
      > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Watchmen Director's Cut
      > > Straight From the Projects
      > > How We Did It
      > > Ken Burns' The Civil War

    • Tim
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
        I'm into old movies, particularly film noir. I even buy some old drive-in B movies for their historical and hysterical value. Recently I purchased and watched "Sudden Fear" with Joan Crawford and Jack Palance (4 out of 5 stars), and The Last Mimzy. (5 out of 5 stars. Best children's movie I've seen since E.T.) I also bought a 50-pack of Drive-In classics that I'm still working my way through.

        Tim
        -----

        Visit me at: http://www.myspace.com/pittwit

        Human Trial is still available from amazon.com and allthingsthatmatterpress.com. Paperback $18.99, e-book (kindle) format, $10.99.

        Read the Brian Barbeito review of HUMAN TRIAL at: http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/09apr/article008.html. Read more online reviews at amazon.com and http://www.bookfinder4u.com/customer_reviews.bfu?isbn=0982272200

        "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol." -- Steve Martin

        The Hangover (Funny but not as funny as advertised)

        Cloverfield (Finally broke down and bought it)

        The Forbidden Kingdom (Much better than I expected)

        Not Quite Hollywood(A documentary on Australian explotation films and B-movies)

        Point Blank (Finally got around to watching it to see how it compared to Payback and the novel)

        If QT is to be believed he plans on doing a Basterds-centric Inglorious Basterds prequel. We need more Hugo Stiglitz!

        --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@ yahoogroups. com, "Kelwyn" <ravenadal@. ..> wrote:

        > The Fall (the visual imagery is stunning)

        > Inglourious Basterds (I want more Aldo Rain, more Basterds and less Natzis!)

        > Foxy Brown (got it for $4 at Blockbuster - wait til she takes off her blouse - JESUS, she can act!)

        > American Violet (must see DVD)

        > District 9 (it was a gift - I am not a fan)

        > The Hangover (had to see what all the fuss was about)

        > Precious (must see DVD)

        > ~rave!

        > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@ yahoogroups. com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@ > wrote:

        > > Watchmen Director's Cut

        > > Straight From the Projects

        > > How We Did It

        > > Ken Burns' The Civil War

      • Del'Quincia Sunkins
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
          Invictus
          The Blindside
          Last House on the Left
          Missing

          The Fall (the visual imagery is stunning)

          Inglourious Basterds (I want more Aldo Rain, more Basterds and less Natzis!)

          Foxy Brown (got it for $4 at Blockbuster - wait til she takes off her blouse - JESUS, she can act!)

          American Violet (must see DVD)

          District 9 (it was a gift - I am not a fan)

          The Hangover (had to see what all the fuss was about)

          Precious (must see DVD)

          ~rave!

          --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@...> wrote:

          > Watchmen Director's Cut
          > Straight From the Projects
          > How We Did It
          > Ken Burns' The Civil War

        • Kelwyn
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 6, 2010
            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "B Smith" <daikaiju66@...> wrote:

            > If QT is to be believed he plans on doing a Basterds-centric Inglorious Basterds prequel. We need more Hugo Stiglitz!

            This is so funny to me because this has become my best friend's rallying cry every time we discuss the movie: "We need more Hugo Stiglitz!"

            ~rave!

            http://twitter.com/ravenadal
            http://theworldebon.blogspot.com
          • maidmarian_thepoet
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 7, 2010
              Just finished Caprica.
              The original "Life on Mars" and "Defiance" are next.

              --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@...> wrote:

              > Watchmen Director's Cut
              > Straight From the Projects
              > How We Did It
              > Ken Burns' The Civil War

            • Uncle Ruckus
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 29, 2010
                (On the 21st I was on my way into a fried chicken joint and this brother stops me and asks do I want to buy some DVDs.

                I looked through his inventory (for research purposes of course) and spied one labled "Smokin Aces 2". I was curious, I didn't even know the movie was out.

                Some research revealed that it had only been released 2 days before.

                If the pirates are as on top of this as this reveals I got to figure there is some inside collusion going on here)
              • Tim
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 29, 2010
                  Unc:

                  You are right, of course. I know people who download crystal-clear copies pf movies off the net. None of that I-can-see-someone's-head-blocking-the-screen, fuzzy as heck, brand C bootlegs. It reminds me of back in the day before Prince officially released his Black album. Years before that, people were getting copies of the cassette--and this was before downloading became a big thing. (Circa 1987).

                  There's always someone on the inside who feels they aren't making enough dough and who would steal an original and sell it to anxious video pirates.

                  Tim
                  ------

                  Visit me at: www.stellyhumantrial.com orhttp://www.myspace.com/pittwit

                  Human Trial is still available from amazon.com and allthingsthatmatterpress.com. Paperback $18.99, e-book (kindle) format, $10.99.

                  Read the Brian Barbeito review of HUMAN TRIAL at: http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/09apr/article008.html. Read more online reviews at amazon.com and http://www.bookfinder4u.com/customer_reviews.bfu?isbn=0982272200

                  "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol." -- Steve MartinCOMING SOON: HUMAN TRIAL II: ADAM'S WAR