Re: [SciFiNoir Lit] What DVD's are you watching?

  • Grayson Reyes-Cole
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2009
      Tim Burton's 9 (or as I refer to it the Terminator meets the Smurfs meets Steamboy without any of the good stuff)

      A Perfect Getaway (predictable but cute for a quasi-horror movie)

      Jennifer's Body (nothing to say about this one)

      The Seven Deadly Sins (History channel series)

      Inglorius Basterds (am I the only one on the planet who loved this movie?)

      Grayson Reyes-Cole
      http://www.graysonreyescole.com
      Facebook
      Bright Star
      The Builder
      The Prescription Playboy

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
        The Fall (the visual imagery is stunning)

        Inglourious Basterds (I want more Aldo Rain, more Basterds and less Natzis!)

        Foxy Brown (got it for $4 at Blockbuster - wait til she takes off her blouse - JESUS, she can act!)

        American Violet (must see DVD)

        District 9 (it was a gift - I am not a fan)

        The Hangover (had to see what all the fuss was about)

        Precious (must see DVD)

        ~rave!

        --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@...> wrote:

        > Watchmen Director's Cut
        > Straight From the Projects
        > How We Did It
        > Ken Burns' The Civil War

      • B Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
          The Hangover (Funny but not as funny as advertised)

          Cloverfield (Finally broke down and bought it)

          The Forbidden Kingdom (Much better than I expected)

          Not Quite Hollywood(A documentary on Australian explotation films and B-movies)

          Point Blank (Finally got around to watching it to see how it compared to Payback and the novel)

          If QT is to be believed he plans on doing a Basterds-centric Inglorious Basterds prequel. We need more Hugo Stiglitz!

          --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Kelwyn" <ravenadal@...> wrote:

          > The Fall (the visual imagery is stunning)
          >
          > Inglourious Basterds (I want more Aldo Rain, more Basterds and less Natzis!)
          >
          > Foxy Brown (got it for $4 at Blockbuster - wait til she takes off her blouse - JESUS, she can act!)
          >
          > American Violet (must see DVD)
          >
          > District 9 (it was a gift - I am not a fan)
          >
          > The Hangover (had to see what all the fuss was about)
          >
          > Precious (must see DVD)
          >
          > ~rave!
          >
          > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Watchmen Director's Cut
          > > Straight From the Projects
          > > How We Did It
          > > Ken Burns' The Civil War

        • Tim
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
            I'm into old movies, particularly film noir. I even buy some old drive-in B movies for their historical and hysterical value. Recently I purchased and watched "Sudden Fear" with Joan Crawford and Jack Palance (4 out of 5 stars), and The Last Mimzy. (5 out of 5 stars. Best children's movie I've seen since E.T.) I also bought a 50-pack of Drive-In classics that I'm still working my way through.

            Tim
            -----

            Visit me at: http://www.myspace.com/pittwit

            Human Trial is still available from amazon.com and allthingsthatmatterpress.com. Paperback $18.99, e-book (kindle) format, $10.99.

            Read the Brian Barbeito review of HUMAN TRIAL at: http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/09apr/article008.html. Read more online reviews at amazon.com and http://www.bookfinder4u.com/customer_reviews.bfu?isbn=0982272200

            "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol." -- Steve Martin

            The Hangover (Funny but not as funny as advertised)

            Cloverfield (Finally broke down and bought it)

            The Forbidden Kingdom (Much better than I expected)

            Not Quite Hollywood(A documentary on Australian explotation films and B-movies)

            Point Blank (Finally got around to watching it to see how it compared to Payback and the novel)

            If QT is to be believed he plans on doing a Basterds-centric Inglorious Basterds prequel. We need more Hugo Stiglitz!

            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@ yahoogroups. com, "Kelwyn" <ravenadal@. ..> wrote:

            > The Fall (the visual imagery is stunning)

            > Inglourious Basterds (I want more Aldo Rain, more Basterds and less Natzis!)

            > Foxy Brown (got it for $4 at Blockbuster - wait til she takes off her blouse - JESUS, she can act!)

            > American Violet (must see DVD)

            > District 9 (it was a gift - I am not a fan)

            > The Hangover (had to see what all the fuss was about)

            > Precious (must see DVD)

            > ~rave!

            > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@ yahoogroups. com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@ > wrote:

            > > Watchmen Director's Cut

            > > Straight From the Projects

            > > How We Did It

            > > Ken Burns' The Civil War

          • Del'Quincia Sunkins
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
              Invictus
              The Blindside
              Last House on the Left
              Missing

              The Fall (the visual imagery is stunning)

              Inglourious Basterds (I want more Aldo Rain, more Basterds and less Natzis!)

              Foxy Brown (got it for $4 at Blockbuster - wait til she takes off her blouse - JESUS, she can act!)

              American Violet (must see DVD)

              District 9 (it was a gift - I am not a fan)

              The Hangover (had to see what all the fuss was about)

              Precious (must see DVD)

              ~rave!

              --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@...> wrote:

              > Watchmen Director's Cut
              > Straight From the Projects
              > How We Did It
              > Ken Burns' The Civil War

            • Kelwyn
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 6, 2010
                --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "B Smith" <daikaiju66@...> wrote:

                > If QT is to be believed he plans on doing a Basterds-centric Inglorious Basterds prequel. We need more Hugo Stiglitz!

                This is so funny to me because this has become my best friend's rallying cry every time we discuss the movie: "We need more Hugo Stiglitz!"

                ~rave!

                http://twitter.com/ravenadal
                http://theworldebon.blogspot.com
              • maidmarian_thepoet
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 7, 2010
                  Just finished Caprica.
                  The original "Life on Mars" and "Defiance" are next.

                  --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Ruckus" <belsidus2000@...> wrote:

                  > Watchmen Director's Cut
                  > Straight From the Projects
                  > How We Did It
                  > Ken Burns' The Civil War

                • Uncle Ruckus
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 29, 2010
                    (On the 21st I was on my way into a fried chicken joint and this brother stops me and asks do I want to buy some DVDs.

                    I looked through his inventory (for research purposes of course) and spied one labled "Smokin Aces 2". I was curious, I didn't even know the movie was out.

                    Some research revealed that it had only been released 2 days before.

                    If the pirates are as on top of this as this reveals I got to figure there is some inside collusion going on here)
                  • Tim
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 29, 2010
                      Unc:

                      You are right, of course. I know people who download crystal-clear copies pf movies off the net. None of that I-can-see-someone's-head-blocking-the-screen, fuzzy as heck, brand C bootlegs. It reminds me of back in the day before Prince officially released his Black album. Years before that, people were getting copies of the cassette--and this was before downloading became a big thing. (Circa 1987).

                      There's always someone on the inside who feels they aren't making enough dough and who would steal an original and sell it to anxious video pirates.

                      Tim
                      ------

                      Visit me at: www.stellyhumantrial.com orhttp://www.myspace.com/pittwit

                      Human Trial is still available from amazon.com and allthingsthatmatterpress.com. Paperback $18.99, e-book (kindle) format, $10.99.

                      Read the Brian Barbeito review of HUMAN TRIAL at: http://www.useless-knowledge.com/1234/09apr/article008.html. Read more online reviews at amazon.com and http://www.bookfinder4u.com/customer_reviews.bfu?isbn=0982272200

                      "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol." -- Steve MartinCOMING SOON: HUMAN TRIAL II: ADAM'S WAR