Re: Bayou - Have you seen this?

  • ravenadal
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2009
      Received my copy of the graphic novel "Bayou," yesterday. Really good, strong, intelligent stuff. And it does my heart good, and gives an old man hope, that it was published by DC Comics.

      ~rave!

      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "ravenadal" <ravenadal@...> wrote:

      > http://www.zudacomics.com/bayou
      >
      > BAYOU DOMINATES 2009 GLYPH COMICS AWARDS, SETS NEW STANDARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
      >

      > History was made at the 2009 Glyph Comics Awards (GCA) ceremony on May 15, 2009 as Jeremy Love's webcomic Bayou swept all five categories it was nominated in, setting new records for wins by a single comic and wins by a single comic in a single year. The previous record for the former, Nat Turner, had four wins over two years (2006 and 2008), while the previous record for the latter, Stagger Lee, had four wins, all in 2007. Bayou's five-for-five sweep is also a first in GCA history.
      >
      > This is remarkable stuff.
      >
      > ~rave!
      >
      > http://twitter.com/ravenadal
      > http://blackplush.blogspot.com

    • B. Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8 2:33 PM
        It's a great comic. I can't wait to see some of their other work get published.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8 4:43 PM
          My sixteen year-old daughter was paging through the book and suddenly exclaimed, "Oh, my God!"

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 10 7:30 AM
            "What made her do this?"
            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "ravenadal" <ravenadal@...> wrote:

            > My sixteen year-old daughter was paging through the book and suddenly exclaimed, "Oh, my God!"

          • Milton Davis
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 11 6:42 PM
              I began reading Bayou online at Zuda Comics. I heard they were releasing the book. It's excellent! I told everyone I knew about it.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 14 9:13 AM
                When the swamp golum ate the little white girl whole.