Fwd: Searching for Telepathic Children novel (not Wyndham)

  • brent wodehouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2009
      From: "David Wright" <dwright333@...>
      CC:
      Subject: Searching for Telepathic Children novel (not Wyndham)
      Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 18:36:19 -0700

      Hello SF-Litties

      I have a book ID question that requires some additional help and
      sleuthing. Here is is:

      "I am looking for a book that I believe I read in the 1980's. It
      involved several women who were all mothers, and suddenly their
      children started communicating with each other telepathically. When
      the children "spoke" mind-to-mind, the writing was in italics. By the
      end of the book, everyone was speaking in italics, or telepathically.
      I originally thought that it was a Doris Lessing book, but don't
      believe it is. It could be a science fiction book/author. Do you have
      any suggestions? I have tried Novelist, and my library's copy of
      Strictly Science Fiction and searched under "telepathy". I have also
      done general google searches using keywords like "children,
      telepathy, science fiction novel."

      There are quite a few science fiction novels involving children or
      aliens and telepathy, but we have yet to locate one to match this
      description. Some findings so far: Wyndham's "Midwich Cuckoos" and
      McCaffrey's "The Rowan."

      Any help appreciated!

      Thanks!

      David Wright