Re: [SciFiNoir Lit] Ragamuffin by Tobias S. Bucknell

  • Constance Burris
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2007
      These are not just Black folk in Ragamuffin. These are some bad ass, dreadlocked, super human Black folk.

      Crystal Rain is pretty good, too.

      and here is some cover art for his next novel:

      http://www.tobiasbuckell.com/2007/08/22/sly-mongoose-cover-art-progression/

      It's fun to discover new black characters.

      ravenadal <ravenadal@...> wrote:
      Black folks in the future...who would have thunk it? Take advantage
      of the opportunity to read a few pages.

      http://www.amazon.com/Ragamuffin-Sci-Fi-Essential-Books/dp/0765315076/ref=pd_bbs\
      _sr_1/104-8085325-0168755?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1189563299&sr=8-1

      ~rave!
      The Black Prince. The Black Church. A State of Mind.
      http://www.theworldebon.com

    • Carole McDonnell
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
        Wow! I can't wait for your review.

        -C

        --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, Constance Burris <conb1977@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2007
          My copy of Ragamuffins came in the mail, Friday. Look forward to
          reading it.

          ~rave!

          wrote:

          > These are not just Black folk in Ragamuffin. These are some bad
          ass, dreadlocked, super human Black folk.

          > Crystal Rain is pretty good, too.
          >
          > and here is some cover art for his next novel:

          http://www.tobiasbuckell.com/2007/08/22/sly-mongoose-cover-art-progression/

          > It's fun to discover new black characters.
          >

          > ravenadal <ravenadal@...> wrote:
          > Black folks in the future...who would have thunk it? Take
          advantage
          > of the opportunity to read a few pages.

          http://www.amazon.com/Ragamuffin-Sci-Fi-Essential-Books/dp/0765315076/ref=pd_bbs\
          > _sr_1/104-8085325-0168755?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1189563299&sr=8-1
          >
          > ~rave!
          > The Black Prince. The Black Church. A State of Mind.
          > http://www.theworldebon.com

        • moondancerdrake
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 24, 2007
            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "ravenadal" <ravenadal@...> wrote:

            > My copy of Ragamuffins came in the mail, Friday. Look forward to
            > reading it.
            >
            > ~rave!

            I can't wait to get a copy. It looks amazing.

            Moon