What are you reading?

  • Phyllis Rhodes
    Message 1 of 55 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi,

      I just finished Acacia and truly enjoyed it -- I'm looking forward to Book Two. It was a little slow in the middle - but he was quite successful creating a new world rich with culture, history, and secrets. All the characters (and there were many) were well developed, imo. It was a review book for me, so I hope to post my thoughts on Amazon.com soon. It was def a departure from his historical fiction legacy.

      The only other SciFi/Speculative ficiton reads I plan to tackle this month are:
      Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - I'm a fan of the series :-)
      The Cursed by L.A. Banks
      The Opposite House by Helen Oyeyemi - does this count as spec fiction?
      Danse Macambre (#14) and The Harlequin (#15) by Laurell K. Hamilton (non-AA author)

      Regards,
      Phyllis
      + phyllis.rhodes@...

      Message 55 of 55 , Sep 19, 2007
        It's cool to see my original question has been kept going.

        As for myself:
        I took "the Salt Eaters" with me on my trip and enjoyed it.
        Also Lawrence Kushner's "Kabbalah: A Love Story"
        I finishsed "Cripple Creek" by James Sallis and I bought Nalo's latest
        while I was in Chicago and started on that.

        Oh, and for fun, I found this book in the library "Comic Book Cover
        Girls".