OT- Petitions to stop slavery

  • Carole McDonnell
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2007
      If you can, go to the following site. There are petitions for you to
      download which you can complete and circulate and send to your
      representatives for them to outlaw slavery in Africa, Arabia, and various
      countries. Thanks! We really shouldn't be sitting around accepting slavery
      as we're doing.

      There are also html codes you can add to your website. I honestly don't know
      what to think when everytime I see folks trying to stop modern slavery it's
      usually white folks. Where are the black folks on this issue? Or does
      slavery only matter if whites are oppressing blacks, not when blacks are
      oppressing blacks or Arabs are enslaving blacks. Anyway, if you're a black
      person who wants to help.... -C

      http://www.theamazingchange.com/tools.html

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
        <<I already posted what I think of this petition, drawn up and
        instigated by people who were turning fire hoses on our children and
        blowing up our churches just a few years ago, over on
        BlackSciFiHorror.

        --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Carole McDonnell"

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
          Here's what you better get your mind on

          Israel to hold nationwide nuclear attack drill

          Feb 26 11:03 AM US/Eastern

          Israel will next month stage its first-ever nationwide drill
          simulating a nuclear and chemical missile attack on its cities,
          rescue services said Monday.
          The exercise was initiated by the army's homefront corps in the wake
          of last summer's war in Lebanon and Iran's calls for the destruction
          of the Jewish state and its controversial nuclear programme.

          Israel suspects is Iran is aiming to develop an atomic bomb, but
          Tehran insists its programme is for civilian energy purposes.

          The main scenarios which will be simulated are a massive rocket
          attack on cities as well as a "conventional and non-conventional
          missile attack," Magen David Adom rescue services spokesman Yerucham
          Mandola told AFP.

          During the drill -- which will include army rescue forces, police,
          medical and firefighting services -- air-raid sirens may be sounded
          across the entire country.

          The Hezbollah militia fired over 4,000 rockets against northern
          Israel during the war last summer, killing more than 40 civilians and
          paralysing the region's industry and economy.

          During the 1991 Gulf War, Israeli citizens were equipped with gas
          masks out of fear of a chemical attack. None of the missiles fired
          from Iraq against Israel were equipped with chemical warheads.