RE: [SciFiNoir Lit] Re: do You Enjoy the Process?

  • penelope@penelopeflynn.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
      I'm with you. The process stinks. Isn't this supposed to be the future?
      What happened to that machine I'm supposed to have that hooks up to my
      brain and just writes out what I'm thinking? The creative process is
      grand, but where is all my wealth and fame?! Why do I have to type? I
      never should have dropped typing in high school! I'd have twenty novels
      done by now if only I could type!

      But seriously, I used to be afraid of rewrites, used to afraid of
      editing, used to be afraid of critiques...not anymore. My primary goal
      is putting out a piece of work that I won't cringe about if I happen to
      see it in print five years from now. I have had the good fortune to
      have read some phenomenal works by writers who are just on the
      precipice of making that big jump. It is inspiring to be present the
      moment you realize that a colleagues's career has taken flight.
      However, it is equally as inspiring when you hear of a colleague who
      has stepped away from a project for a while, gone back to it and seen
      it with new eyes and then is able to create something even more
      brilliant as a result. When that person is able to share their
      brilliance with the rest of the world through publication, it doesn't
      make the process any more enjoyable, but it does seem to make it worth
      the hassle.

      Regards,

      Penelope Flynn

      www.penelopeflynn.com
      penelope@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
        I have to give you people some thanks. All of this talk about the
        process made me devote five hours last week to finishing the first
        draft of a novel I'd been working on since October 2005. It'll
        probably take me until the end of 2006 to do the editing and
        revisions.
      • Carole McDonnell
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
          YAY!!!! Congratulations, Cecil!

          And remember the Hive and the multiculticrit folks are always here to
          crit --and be critted by-- you.

          Now, as I fall back into Father Gorgeous. -C

          --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "cecilwashington"
          <cecilwashington@...> wrote:

          > I have to give you people some thanks. All of this talk about the
          > process made me devote five hours last week to finishing the first
          > draft of a novel I'd been working on since October 2005. It'll
          > probably take me until the end of 2006 to do the editing and
          > revisions.

        • Chris Hayden
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
            <<Is this big enough news to share on the "This Week in
            BlackSciFiFantasyHorror News report?>