Re: [SciFiNoir Lit] Re: Dec Book Party: Babel-17: Empire Star by Samuel R. Delany

  • knockturnal_one
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2002
      I also read a really old version borrowed by my local library. The pages were almost yellow!
      The book was thoroughly enjoyable. In particular, I liked the character with the unique way of speaking (Brass? I read the book 2 weeks ago). Every time he spoke, I felt compelled to read aloud (smile). The whole concept was intriguing. A good read.
      cecilwashington <cecilwashington@...> wrote:I liked it. I felt that the protagonist was Delany's way of exploring
      the female side of his bisexuality. Some of the ideas with regards to
      computer languages----perhaps it was because the languages were not
      any of the newer ones like C or Java----seemed a little dated in the
      version that I read (I read an OLD version of the book special
      ordered from my local library). That in no way hinders the story, and
      I recommend the book.

      Cecil

      http://tinyurl.com/37sv

      Subscribe Digest Mode: SciFiNoir_Lit-digest@yahoogroups.com