Re: Butler--a reason for the silence

  • tdemorsella
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
      Chris: just a heads up. some people tend to read there emails in the
      order they receive them. and then do not realize the questions they
      have are answered in later emails. There is usually no negtive
      meaning behind their inquiry and at least as far as I can see there
      was non in Anor's. I got the impression that she ws excited to know
      the source so that she could use it in her thesis

      Tracey

      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden" <Frofidemus@...>
      wrote:

      > <<You failed to read my subsequent post where I added that I pulled
      > the quotes from the May/June 2006 issue of The Crisis Magazine.
      >
      > I would never make up quotes.
      >
      > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "akaeze02155" <akaeze@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Where did you get this information? Is there an interview somewhere
      > > with these quotes, or did you talk to these authors personally?
      > >
      > > Curious, because I'm working on a paper on Butler.
      > >
      > > Thanks ... anor
      > >
      > > ==========
      > >
      > > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden" <Frofidemus@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > "She suffered health problems for a quite a while," (Stephen)
      > Barnes
      > > > says. "She had high blood pressure and believed the medication
      > > > contributed to her problems writing."
      > > >
      > > > "The meds made her feel unmotivated, foggy-minded," says
      > (Tananarive)
      > > > Due. "She swithced meds and was able to produce and complete
      > her first
      > > > novel in a long time, Fledgling.
      > > >
      > > > Friends of mine who take high blood pressure meds complain of
      > the same
      > > > thing.
      > > >
      > > > Those who write be forewarned.

    • Chris Hayden
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
        <No problemo.

        Give us a headz up on the article (where we can read it) when you're
        through.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
          <<Ah HA! I should have seen your sinister hand at work again,
          sitting in the jungles of Yucatan, surrounded by the ancient wisdom
          of the Aztecs, using the technology brought to earth thousands of
          years ago and deposited in those ancient pyramids to disrupt the
          order of my messages!

          By the way, why don't you drop a post or two on us about what you
          are up to sometime--or whether we should send lawyers, guns and
          money.

          --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "tdemorsella" <tdlists@...>
          wrote:

          > Chris: just a heads up. some people tend to read there emails in
          the
          > order they receive them. and then do not realize the questions
          they
          > have are answered in later emails. There is usually no negtive
          > meaning behind their inquiry and at least as far as I can see there
          > was non in Anor's. I got the impression that she ws excited to
          know
          > the source so that she could use it in her thesis
          >
          > Tracey
          >
          > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden" <Frofidemus@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > <<You failed to read my subsequent post where I added that I
          pulled
          > > the quotes from the May/June 2006 issue of The Crisis Magazine.
          > >
          > > I would never make up quotes.
          > >
          > > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "akaeze02155" <akaeze@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Where did you get this information? Is there an interview
          somewhere
          > > > with these quotes, or did you talk to these authors personally?
          > > >
          > > > Curious, because I'm working on a paper on Butler.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks ... anor
          > > >
          > > > ==========
          > > >
          > > > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden"
          <Frofidemus@>

          > > Barnes

          > > (Tananarive)
          > > her first

          > > the same

        • akaeze02155
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
            "What *she* said!" Thanks, Tracey....

            BTW: I get the digest version of this list, which is why, I suppose, I
            was behind--my version didn't have Chris's second message. Doh!

            cheers ... anor ... #:-)
            =====
            #:-)

            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "tdemorsella" <tdlists@...> wrote:

            > Chris: just a heads up. some people tend to read there emails in the
            > order they receive them. and then do not realize the questions they
            > have are answered in later emails. There is usually no negtive
            > meaning behind their inquiry and at least as far as I can see there
            > was non in Anor's. I got the impression that she ws excited to know
            > the source so that she could use it in her thesis
            >
            > Tracey

            ... snip! ...