Re: Butler--a reason for the silence

  • akaeze02155
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
      Chris,

      I apologize profusely...your message showed up AFTER I posted; plus, I
      didn't mean to imply anything ("I would never make up quotes"). I just
      wanted to know the reference so that I could either (a) read the
      entire article/interview, or (b) ask you more questions. I should have
      made myself clear, but I was in a hurry and just banged it out.

      Soooooo sorry for the confusion. Thanks so much for the clarification
      and for alerting us all to the article in The Crisis.

      anor

      ==========

      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden" <Frofidemus@...>
      wrote:

      > <<You failed to read my subsequent post where I added that I pulled
      > the quotes from the May/June 2006 issue of The Crisis Magazine.
      >
      > I would never make up quotes.
      >
      > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "akaeze02155" <akaeze@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Where did you get this information? Is there an interview somewhere
      > > with these quotes, or did you talk to these authors personally?
      > >
      > > Curious, because I'm working on a paper on Butler.
      > >
      > > Thanks ... anor
      > >
      > > ==========
      > >
      > > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden" <Frofidemus@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > "She suffered health problems for a quite a while," (Stephen)
      > Barnes
      > > > says. "She had high blood pressure and believed the medication
      > > > contributed to her problems writing."
      > > >
      > > > "The meds made her feel unmotivated, foggy-minded," says
      > (Tananarive)
      > > > Due. "She swithced meds and was able to produce and complete
      > her first
      > > > novel in a long time, Fledgling.
      > > >
      > > > Friends of mine who take high blood pressure meds complain of
      > the same
      > > > thing.
      > > >
      > > > Those who write be forewarned.

    • tdemorsella
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
        Chris: just a heads up. some people tend to read there emails in the
        order they receive them. and then do not realize the questions they
        have are answered in later emails. There is usually no negtive
        meaning behind their inquiry and at least as far as I can see there
        was non in Anor's. I got the impression that she ws excited to know
        the source so that she could use it in her thesis

        Tracey

        wrote:

        > <<You failed to read my subsequent post where I added that I pulled
        > the quotes from the May/June 2006 issue of The Crisis Magazine.
        >
        > I would never make up quotes.
        >
        > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "akaeze02155" <akaeze@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Where did you get this information? Is there an interview somewhere
        > > with these quotes, or did you talk to these authors personally?
        > >
        > > Curious, because I'm working on a paper on Butler.
        > >
        > > Thanks ... anor
        > >
        > > ==========
        > >
        > > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden" <Frofidemus@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > "She suffered health problems for a quite a while," (Stephen)
        > Barnes
        > > > says. "She had high blood pressure and believed the medication
        > > > contributed to her problems writing."
        > > >
        > > > "The meds made her feel unmotivated, foggy-minded," says
        > (Tananarive)
        > > > Due. "She swithced meds and was able to produce and complete
        > her first
        > > > novel in a long time, Fledgling.
        > > >
        > > > Friends of mine who take high blood pressure meds complain of
        > the same
        > > > thing.
        > > >
        > > > Those who write be forewarned.

      • Chris Hayden
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
          <No problemo.

          Give us a headz up on the article (where we can read it) when you're
          through.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
            <<Ah HA! I should have seen your sinister hand at work again,
            sitting in the jungles of Yucatan, surrounded by the ancient wisdom
            of the Aztecs, using the technology brought to earth thousands of
            years ago and deposited in those ancient pyramids to disrupt the
            order of my messages!

            By the way, why don't you drop a post or two on us about what you
            are up to sometime--or whether we should send lawyers, guns and
            money.

            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "tdemorsella" <tdlists@...>

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2006
              "What *she* said!" Thanks, Tracey....

              BTW: I get the digest version of this list, which is why, I suppose, I
              was behind--my version didn't have Chris's second message. Doh!

              cheers ... anor ... #:-)
              =====
              #:-)

              --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "tdemorsella" <tdlists@...> wrote:

              > Chris: just a heads up. some people tend to read there emails in the
              > order they receive them. and then do not realize the questions they
              > have are answered in later emails. There is usually no negtive
              > meaning behind their inquiry and at least as far as I can see there
              > was non in Anor's. I got the impression that she ws excited to know
              > the source so that she could use it in her thesis
              >
              > Tracey

              ... snip! ...