Re: Isaac Asimov died from AIDS

  • Carole McDonnell
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 30, 2006
      Possible. But I think that civilization as it happens to be at any
      one moment is ruled over by the powerful. So perhaps back in the day:
      women, the elderly, etc...had power. But now, --generally-- western
      civilization is mainly controlled by the young (20-50) Movies, art,
      economics, philosophy, cultural values are geared towards them and
      created by them.

      In the western world civilization is pretty much ruled over by young
      whites who dictate fashion, etc. Just had a thought: Remember "White
      Man's Burden"? Consider, if the fashion world was ruled over by black
      women, the color palette of most clothing, the way the butt of pants
      were made, the hair styles would all be sooo different.

      And consider if older people were the ones being courted in
      movies...most of the actors would be over 45. I remember watching
      movies in the seventies where most of the popular stars were 45+

      Consider if politicians weren't trying to connect to the young, would
      old people really care about abortion to the extent.

      Consider all the to-do about the dangers of silicone implants!
      (Female issue) But not one peep about the dangers of the horrible
      stuff they put in black women's hair products. (Black female issue
      and we black female aren't the driving force.)

      Or fat people. So many diet pills, and so many things on TV that
      helps us disguise our age because to be old is to be used up and
      unimportant and none of us want that.
      -C

      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Hayden" <Frofidemus@...>