Re: Mindscape

  • Carole McDonnell
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Wow, wow, wow!!!!

      Congratulations, Andrea! -C

      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Hairston"
      <ahairsto@...> wrote:

      > Dear all you wild and wonderful people,
      >
      > I just wanted to let you know my book is out and I will be doing
      readings with my Theatre Company in March!

      > You are invited to Mindscape: Chrysalis Theatre reading from Andrea
      Hairston's new novel featuring Greg Alexander, Sylvia Boston-Johnson,
      James Emery, Andrea Hairston, Lenelle Moise, Pan Morigan, and Joy
      Voeth.

      > Time and Place:
      > Thu, 16 Mar 2006
      >

      > a.. Andrea Hairston (Mindscape) performance and signing with
      Chrysalis Theater at McNally Robinson, 50 Prince St., New York, NY, 7
      p.m.

      > Fri, 17 Mar 2006
      >

      > a.. Andrea Hairston (Mindscape) musical reading performance and
      signing with Chrysalis Theater at Hue-Man Bookstore &
      Cafe<http://www.huemanbookstore.com/>, 2319 Frederick Douglass Blvd,
      New York, NY, 6 p.m
      > Sat, 18 Mar 2006
      >

      > a.. Andrea Hairston (Mindscape), Jim Freund's "Hour of the Wolf"
      on WBAI 99.5 FM, 120 Wall Street, 10th Fl, New York, NY, 5:00-7:00
      a.m.
      > b.. Andrea Hairston (Mindscape) musical reading performance with
      Chrysalis Theater at The Door, 121 Avenue of the Americas, New York,
      NY, 2:30 p.m.

      > Sun, 19 Mar 2006
      >
      > a.. Andrea Hairston (Mindscape) musical reading performance and
      signing with Chrysalis Theater at The Brownstone, 64 W. 119th Street,
      New York, NY, 3 p.m.

      > Mindscape takes us to a future in which the world has been divided
      by the Barrier, a phenomenon that will not be ignored. For 115 years
      this extraterrestrial entity has separated the earth into warring
      zones. Although a treaty to end the interzonal wars has been hammered
      out, power-hungry politicians, gangsters, and spiritual
      fundamentalists are determined to thwart it. Celestina, the treaty's
      architect, is assassinated, and her protegée, Elleni, a talented
      renegade and one of the few able to negotiate the Barrier, takes up
      her mantle. Now Elleni and a motley crew of allies risk their lives
      to make the treaty work. Can they repair their fractured world before
      the Barrier devours them completely?

      http://www.andreahairston.com<http://www.andreahairston.com/>

      > Mindscape, a novel by Andrea Hairston coming March 2006 from
      Aqueduct Press at
      http://www.aqueductpress.com/<http://www.aqueductpress.com/>

    • Nora
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006