New here

  • dayspanner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2006
      Hello good people,Im new and I've been looking for feedback from
      people of color,I guess,who are either writers or screenwriters. I
      myself am in the midst of putting together my first of many story
      ideas and I am not always sure which route is the best. By route I
      mean novels or movie scripts etc. As I was researching the subject,I
      came across info that led me to believe that African Americans are not
      taken seriously in sci fi. The theory being that scifi is predominated
      by white males and that most of the themes of African American writers
      would not interest that target group.
    • Frofidemus@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
        <<I think you might distinguish between characters, themes, subjects and writers.

        I think if African Americans were writing stuff like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, Fall of Hyperion, Nueromancer (which means no blacks) they would be successful.

        Look at Samuel R. Delaney.

        Hello good people,Im new and I've been looking for feedback from
        people of color,I guess,who are either writers or screenwriters. I
        myself am in the midst of putting together my first of many story
        ideas and I am not always sure which route is the best. By route I
        mean novels or movie scripts etc. As I was researching the subject,I
        came across info that led me to believe that African Americans are not
        taken seriously in sci fi. The theory being that scifi is predominated
        by white males and that most of the themes of African American writers
        would not interest that target group.

        Subscribe Digest Mode: SciFiNoir_Lit-digest@yahoogroups.com

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "SciFiNoir_Lit" on the web.