specfic, erotica, and specfic erotica

  • Oreoblues@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      EROTICA ANTHO (Latino/a character(s) - pays $300/story; multiple printings
      of previous antho) Fw: Caramel Flava Editor Zane

      DEADLINE: Valentine's Day 2006

      > Caramel Flava
      > Editor Zane
      >
      > http://www.erotica-readers.com/ERA/G/Caramel.htm
      >
      > Caramel Flava
      >

      > Please tell editors/publishers you read their guidelines on the
      > Erotica Readers & Writers Association Website
      > www.erotica-readers.com
      >

      > Caramel Flava
      > Editor: Zane
      > Publisher: Atria Books (a division of Simon and Schuster)
      > Deadline: February 14, 2006
      >
      > Caramel Flava-the long anticipated follow-up to Chocolate Flava, which has
      > gone into the umpteenth printing--will be released in the Summer of 2006.
      > The authors selected will receive $300.00 and five complimentary copies of

      > the book. The exposure is priceless because the book will sell a minimum
      > of 250,000 copies and will be marketed cross-culturally. Keep in mind that
      > most books published never sell more than 10,000 copies during their
      > entire shelf life.
      >
      > Stories must be between 3,000 and 5,000 words. Stories must feature at
      > least one character of Latino descent. Stories must be erotic and if you
      > have no idea what my idea of erotica is, you need to read Chocolate Flava.
      > I am not looking for stories with weak, sugar-coated sex. Nor am I looking
      > for stories that are nothing but fluff. There must be a storyline and
      > characters readers can get into. Stories cannot be degrading to either
      > sex. In fact, they should empower the reader to discover sexual
      > liberation.
      >
      > Unlike other erotica anthologies that concentrate on getting well known
      > authors to participate, I am looking for erotic stories, and names have
      > nothing to do with it. That will not determine the success of this book
      > because it will be without relying on that; just as Chocolate Flava has
      > been and that book is full of people using obvious pen names. I am more
      > interested in discovering new and powerful voices. As with Chocolate
      > Flava, Caramel Flava will be divided into three sections a male section, a
      > female section, and will end with a section of stories written by me.
      >
      > The deadline for submissions is Valentine's Day. I will not accept email
      > submissions. All submissions must be sent to:
      >

      > Strebor Books International
      > ATTN Caramel Flava
      > PO Box 6505
      > Largo, MD 20792.
      >
      > Blessings,
      >
      > Zane

      Best New Erotica 6
      Ed. Maxim Jakubowski

      http://www.erotica-readers.com/ERA/G/Maxim.htm

      Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica, Vol 6
      Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica Vol 6
      Editor: Maxim Jakubowski
      Publisher: Carroll & Graf/ROBINSON

      This is a best short stories of the year type book. Seeking submissions of
      stories previously published, whether in print or online, during calendar
      year 2005.

      Any length up to 8,000 words.
      Deadline April 16 2006.

      As to what I like, my tastes are idiosyncratic, but best refer to any of the
      previous volumes of the mammoth Erotica series. I'm broadminded.

      Submit by mail (NOT e-mail) to:

      Maxim Jakubowski
      Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica Vol 6
      95 Finchley Lane
      London NW4 1BY, UK

      In 2006, Magic Carpet Books (http://www.magic-carpet-books.com) will publish
      an anthology entitled:
      THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF PARANORMAL EROTICA

      The stories should be approximately 2,000 - 6,000 words long (although
      shorter or longer stories of superior quality will also be considered.)

      The stories will be paranormal in theme and full of hard-core erotic action.
      They can be contemporary, futuristic, historical, etc. and may or may not
      contain BDSM, the important thing is that the paranormal characters and
      setting be well-developed and that the sex be hot and graphic.

      A payment of $75.00 will be made for each previously unpublished story.
      Magic Carpet will retain the rights to each story for two years after the
      month of publication.

      Please send the complete story for review to mariaisabelmissa@... in
      the following format Word doc or text file, 1.5 space between lines,
      justified, Times New Roman 12 pt. Please reference "Paranormal Collection"
      in the subject line of your e-mail.

      Deadline: May 2006

      THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION OF PARANORMAL EROTICA will be distributed in the
      U.S., Canada and the U.K. All of Magic Carpet Books' Collector's Editions
      are best-selling anthologies.

      Carole McDonnell
      If bounced, please use my alternate email: carole.mcdonnell (at) gmail
      (dot)com
      www.geocities.com/scifiwritir/OreoBlues.html
      www.blogitorium.com/TheSecularChristian