Re: For the Love of Narnia

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2005
      --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, Oreoblues@a... wrote:

      > While Newsweek,
      > which was given an exclusive look at the rough cut of the movie,
      says that
      > Lion is "only as Christian as you want it to be," Ted Haggard,
      president of
      > the National Association of Evangelicals, describes it as a "tool
      that many may
      > find effective in communicating the message of Jesus to those who
      may not
      > respond to other presentations."

      <<Boy this here is nonsense. But if people fall for it what can I
      do? I mean everybody wants their sheets whiter than white, right --
      did you ever think about this? How can a sheet be whiter than
      white? We have become insenstive to this kind of bombast from the
      advertising agencies--

      How can this be a Christian movie? What part of the Bible is it
      based on? Where and how many times is Jesus in it? How you gonna
      have Christian movie without even mentioning the name of Jesus?

      There are Centaurs and stuff in it. Witchcraft. I mean this is basic
      stuff out of the Epistles of Paul you are to have nothing to do
      with. This is Dueteronomy and Leviticus stuff. No nos. Fake
      geneologies.

      If Christians fall for this hype, I just don't know--
    • Addams
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2005
        Christians have been falling for all kinds of fiction
        & fantasy for centuries (as have believers in other
        religions & ideologies)

        --- Chris Hayden <Frofidemus@...> wrote:

        > --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, Oreoblues@a...
        > wrote:
        > >

        > > While Newsweek,
        > > which was given an exclusive look at the rough cut
        > of the movie,
        > says that
        > > Lion is "only as Christian as you want it to be,"
        > Ted Haggard,
        > president of
        > > the National Association of Evangelicals,
        > describes it as a "tool
        > that many may
        > > find effective in communicating the message of
        > Jesus to those who
        > may not
        > > respond to other presentations."
        > >
        > <<Boy this here is nonsense. But if people fall for
        > it what can I
        > do? I mean everybody wants their sheets whiter than
        > white, right --
        > did you ever think about this? How can a sheet be
        > whiter than
        > white? We have become insenstive to this kind of
        > bombast from the
        > advertising agencies--
        >
        > How can this be a Christian movie? What part of the
        > Bible is it
        > based on? Where and how many times is Jesus in it?
        > How you gonna
        > have Christian movie without even mentioning the
        > name of Jesus?
        >
        > There are Centaurs and stuff in it. Witchcraft. I
        > mean this is basic
        > stuff out of the Epistles of Paul you are to have
        > nothing to do
        > with. This is Dueteronomy and Leviticus stuff. No
        > nos. Fake
        > geneologies.
        >
        > If Christians fall for this hype, I just don't
        > know--

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Nora
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2005

          It's Christian in that C.S. Lewis was a devout Christian and imbued all of
          Narnia with Christian ethics and symbolism. For example, Aslan the lion is
          about as direct a Jesus allegory as you can get -- he gets captured by his
          enemies, tortured, murdered, and then is resurrected in a more powerful
          form. It's basically "The Passion of the Christ" for kids. With talking
          animals.

          Nora
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2005
            --- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Nora" <njem@e...> wrote:
            > It's basically "The Passion of the Christ" for kids. With talking
            > animals.
            >
            > Nora

            <<I thought that's what we had Bible stories in Sunday School for.