Re: Re(2): [SciFiNoir Lit] SciFiNoir Group

  • Ian Coma
    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 30, 2005
      I am as outraged as all of you. I just joined this
      group very recently, but have enjoyed all the posts. I
      actually used to work for Yahoo way back when, so
      maybe I can try to see what the deal is if there is
      still anyone I know in the content/community
      department. In the meantime, let me know if there is a
      joint letter to sign. Power to the netizens ;-)

      ::IC
      ian_coma@...
      http://fictioninfinity.blogspot.com

      --- brent wodehouse <brent_wodehouse@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > think or do. The
      > >authority just changes his name and face.
      > >

      > >--- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de
      > Morsella \(formerly
      > >Tracey L. Minor\)" <tdlists@c...> wrote:
      > >> Marian:
      > >>
      > >> I have not really moved on. It took me two hours
      > just to figure out
      > >how to
      > >> be able to continue to moderate this list. Since
      > I no longer have a
      > >yahoo
      > >> ID, I could not access any of the groups in which
      > I participate.
      > >While I
      > >> started scifinoir, I see it as the child of all
      > of us, as it
      > >developed and
      > >> evolved as a result of the participation and
      > contributions of
      > >hundreds of
      > >> people. They destroyed all that in one arbitrary
      > deletion that they
      > >did not
      > >> even feel reguired a notification letter, and
      > showed total disregard
      > >for the
      > >> people who posted stories and art work.
      > >>
      > >> I'm ashamed to say, I cried for a few minutes
      > yesterday. I have
      > >taken this
      > >> "lets move on stance" because the act and policy
      > is so arbitrary,
      > >providing
      > >> no room for evaluation or allowing for the
      > possibility of error. I
      > >moved on
      > >> because, I see it as censorship on something that
      > was not even worthy of
      > >> censorship. It was a Los Angeles Times story for
      > God's sake. I
      > >also moved
      > >> on, because I did a little research on the web
      > and could not find
      > >anything
      > >> on people being angered on this. I could raise a
      > stink, get some media
      > >> coverage on this policy is some tech publication,
      > that might force
      > >yahoo to
      > >> reconsider the process involved with the policy,
      > but it would take a
      > >> considerable amount of time that i can not commit
      > and based on my
      > >> preliminary research, I would be alone with this
      > effort. I decided
      > >the best
      > >> way to pull myself out of my funk was to use the
      > CRAP as a catalyst to
      > >> finding putting up the portal I had been
      > threatening to do for the
      > >past few
      > >> years. In the meantime, I am writing a letter to
      > Yahoo and would
      > >love it if
      > >> member wrote to them a well. if I find the time,
      > I also plan on
      > >writing a
      > >> letter to the editor and sending it to Wired,
      > CNET, Trek Magazine,
      > >and Los
      > >> Angeles Times (that is where the article

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. M
      Message 45 of 45 , May 3, 2005
        Hi Ian:

        Thanks for your offer. Could you reach out to you associates to find out
        more about yahoo's account policies? Right now there is not a joint letter
        to sign, but I am asking those who said they would send a letter to send it
        to me to post so that I can post them for others to use as a template. i
        will keep you updated.

        Tracey

        wrote:

> [...]
        > but it would take a
        > >> considerable amount of time that i can not commit
        > and based on my
        > >> preliminary research, I would be alone with this
        > effort. I decided
        > >the best
        > >> way to pull myself out of my funk was to use the
        > CRAP as a catalyst to
        > >> finding putting up the portal I had been
        > threatening to do for the
        > >past few
        > >> years. In the meantime, I am writing a letter to
        > Yahoo and would
        > >love it if
        > >> member wrote to them a well. if I find the time,
        > I also plan on
        > >writing a
        > >> letter to the editor and sending it to Wired,
        > CNET, Trek Magazine,
        > >and Los
        > >> Angeles Times (that is where the article

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Subscribe Digest Mode: SciFiNoir_Lit-digest@yahoogroups.com
        Yahoo! Groups Links